Ripped in 30 starting week of August 14 - any takers?

Options

Replies

• SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

I thought I'd take a month off from DVDs, but I've not been as good as I thought I would be.
    I'm in. I'll probably be doing this every other day opposite my c25k training.

Will there ever be a point when you post a challenge and I can actually say 'Thanks, but I don't think I need it this time'? *grin* Thanks for keeping me motivated.

:) So funny. Yay - glad you're doing it!

I previewed it today....she suggests only doing it 5-6 days per week and taking at least one day off. Who am I not to heed Jillian's advice?! I'm resuming my C25k program this week, so I will likely only to Ripped 5 days/week.
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 Day 3 today. Didn't make it yesterday, but felt good today. I find that Jillian is much less annoying that she was in 30 DS, which makes the workout even better!

I think I will try to take one rest day in the middle of each level and one day between levels. other than yesterday, I am going to go on the elliptical on the off days (I hope)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I did preview all 4 levels..I wonder if i can twist and turn like that..? *laugh*

I'm thinking about starting up in a week or two, trying to rid my excess birthday weight and get back to losing the 8lbs I loss with the shred..
  • frats
    Options
    I haven't done the preview yet. I find level one as intense as level 3 of the shred...I am kind of scared of what level 4 might look like!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Just finished my first Week One workout. I liked it! It's hard, of course, but I liked it better than the Shred. I like that the strength is three exercises at 30 seconds rather than the two at 45-30 in the Shred. Interestingly, my last day of the Shred, my HRM said I burned 200 calories even (level 3), and my HRM said I burned 257 today. I'll take those extra 57 calories! I am still woefully inadequate at the side lunge things. I have decided to do them without weights to try to perfect the lunging technique. I do still lift my arms. I had knee surgery in January, so I think part of it might be psychological due to my concern about re-injuring myself.

I do, however, miss Natalie and Anita. I'm sure the other girls will grow on me, too, but it would have been nice to see those familiar faces.

I, too, was happy to see that Jillian recommends a day off. I suppose I'll take Saturdays off and just run on Saturday nights.

Good luck everyone! Keep pushing it and let's look forward to some awesome results! Have a fabulous week!
  • frats
    Options
    I HATE THOSE SIDE LUNG THINGS!!!!! I can not get them right. I usually just do side steps with the arm raises. I don't mind the girls...were the three as coordinated with thier outfits in 30 DS?
  • zuzka
    zuzka Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Started 30DS today and doing Ripped in 30 from tomorrow:)
  • IWillAchieve
    IWillAchieve Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of week one on Ripped. I am definetely feeling it in my core and upper body, OUCH! must be working lol
    Can anyone share their results from Ripped or Shred? Any weight loss?
  • frats
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of week one on Ripped. I am definetely feeling it in my core and upper body, OUCH! must be working lol

Today, I am feeling it in my calfs. After day 1, it was my back. I am hoping it will move to my core!

I did 30 DS in May and I didn't lose a pound. I am hoping to have more (any) results this time!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Just finished my first Week One workout. I liked it! It's hard, of course, but I liked it better than the Shred. I like that the strength is three exercises at 30 seconds rather than the two at 45-30 in the Shred. Interestingly, my last day of the Shred, my HRM said I burned 200 calories even (level 3), and my HRM said I burned 257 today. I'll take those extra 57 calories! I am still woefully inadequate at the side lunge things. I have decided to do them without weights to try to perfect the lunging technique. I do still lift my arms. I had knee surgery in January, so I think part of it might be psychological due to my concern about re-injuring myself.

I do, however, miss Natalie and Anita. I'm sure the other girls will grow on me, too, but it would have been nice to see those familiar faces.

I, too, was happy to see that Jillian recommends a day off. I suppose I'll take Saturdays off and just run on Saturday nights.

Good luck everyone! Keep pushing it and let's look forward to some awesome results! Have a fabulous week!

Definitely a higher burn...I like that also. I'm unsure that my form on some of the lunges is correct also. I try to go at a slower pace to make sure.
  • hcn74
    Options

Today, I am feeling it in my calfs. After day 1, it was my back. I am hoping it will move to my core!

I did 30 DS in May and I didn't lose a pound. I am hoping to have more (any) results this time!

I felt lower back during the day one workout yesterday. I feel great this morning, though. It's always interesting to feel those little tweaks!

I had success with 30DS, losing 12 pounds. Granted, I have a lot to lose, so it's going to come off me faster than a lot of other people. And I do think it's important to take measurements, because even if those pounds aren't falling off, I bet your body is changing. I tracked measurements and weight, and was pleased I did. I am doing the same for Ripped.
  • hcn74
    Options
    I HATE THOSE SIDE LUNG THINGS!!!!! I can not get them right. I usually just do side steps with the arm raises. I don't mind the girls...were the three as coordinated with thier outfits in 30 DS?

I think that Jillian will only let one wear shorts at a time, and I think that at least one has to show their abs. :)

Anita and Natalie (the 30DS girls) did not coordinate the colors (but man, you're right, they totally do in Ripped!).

Has anyone else noticed how much more shredded Jillian looks in Ripped compared to the Shred? Granted, her body was cut and fabulous in both, but she seems even leaner and more sculpted in Ripped!
  • frats
    Options
    Week one day 4 done! I really don't know how I am going to get through the other 3 levels. I am a mess when I finish this. Still too scared to preview what is coming!

What are your favourite/least favourite exercisesof level 1?

Mine would be:
    Favourite ~ Punches, deep seat with shoulder lifts, and push ups (although I am struggling with them)
    Least favourite ~ Side lunges with arm raises, hollow man (CANNOT do it), and football run (my butt juggles too much!)
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in
  • lbryner21
    lbryner21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going to start it today:)
  • hcn74
    Options
    Week one day 4 done! I really don't know how I am going to get through the other 3 levels. I am a mess when I finish this. Still too scared to preview what is coming!

What are your favourite/least favourite exercisesof level 1?

Mine would be:
    Favourite ~ Punches, deep seat with shoulder lifts, and push ups (although I am struggling with them)
    Least favourite ~ Side lunges with arm raises, hollow man (CANNOT do it), and football run (my butt juggles too much!)

Having only done one day of it so far, I can say that side lunges are my least favorite. And I also am terrible at side planks. I love the triceps extensions (are those with a static lunge - see, only one day in - I haven't committed it to memory!).
  • frats
    Options
    OK...here goes.
    August 12 weight and measurements:

Weight: 149.4 lbs
    Biceps: 12 "
    Chest: 40 "
    Waist 34"
    Hips: 38.5"
    Thighs: 22.5"
  • Gabika
    Gabika Posts: 26
    Options
    I've started on Saturday, was in too much pain to do it again on Sunday, but will get on it again today!
    feeling positive :-)
    yeeeeeeey

Hate side lunges too
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i started ripped in 30 yesterday. I also added cardio to my workout. I did the elliptical. Tonight aftter "ripped" i will jog on the treadmill for at least 30 mts.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start next week, but would love to join yall. I am on the last week of 30DS! I bought the ripped DVD this weekend.. I finish 30DS on Sunday, so will start this on Monday...