I think I need some advice

I have done searches on raising my calories but there are so many to go thru that I get a confused :-) Anyway. I have been at this plateau for months now. I was eating around 1250 calories and eating back my exercise calories and I lost 56 pounds. But now I am stuck! Like really stuck! I have been going back and forth with the same few pounds since April. I do think I may be toning up a but haven't measured myself lately. Anyway I have tried zig zagging my calories and raising my calories alittle and stuff but I am not sure how long it takes to see progress from that. Well like I said I have been looking thru all these post and I see all these smaller people eating like 1500-1800 calories a day. In my tiny mind it just seems crazy to eat so much but I am beginning to think that might be why I am so stuck. So I did my BMR and it is 1561 and after all the calculations is says my maintaince is 2146. So I take 500 off of that number correct?? I also have upped my exercising and have been jogging like 4/5 times a week. So do I still eat back all of those calories if I am eating 1646 calorie a day? There are so many opinions out there that it becomes so overwhelming.......

Replies

• ruthyluv
    ruthyluv Posts: 42 Member
    Im new to MFP as well..and I'm still trying to understand how it works.
    Mine tells me I have to eat 1200 calories a day. I work out about 5 times of week doing kickboxing, bootcamp, cardio circuit training, and cycling, and my burned calories is over 500 (5 times a week). Am I supposed to eat 1200 calories only PLUS work out /burn 500 calories? Or do I eat 1200 plus whatever amount of calories i burn to equal total 1200 cal? Im confused :(
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Have you tried increasing your protein? I was stuck and increased my protien and that helped me. I don't eat back all my calories from exercise, I try to have at least 300 to 400 calories left by the end of the day.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    bump!
  • :flowerforyou:
    I have done searches on raising my calories but there are so many to go thru that I get a confused :-) Anyway. I have been at this plateau for months now. I was eating around 1250 calories and eating back my exercise calories and I lost 56 pounds. But now I am stuck! Like really stuck! I have been going back and forth with the same few pounds since April. I do think I may be toning up a but haven't measured myself lately. Anyway I have tried zig zagging my calories and raising my calories alittle and stuff but I am not sure how long it takes to see progress from that. Well like I said I have been looking thru all these post and I see all these smaller people eating like 1500-1800 calories a day. In my tiny mind it just seems crazy to eat so much but I am beginning to think that might be why I am so stuck. So I did my BMR and it is 1561 and after all the calculations is says my maintaince is 2146. So I take 500 off of that number correct?? I also have upped my exercising and have been jogging like 4/5 times a week. So do I still eat back all of those calories if I am eating 1646 calorie a day? There are so many opinions out there that it becomes so overwhelming.......

Just give it a try. I cannot comment any further than give it at least 2 weeks and what works for me doesn't work for everyone :) good luck and that sounds like a great plan! And yes keep eating exercie back, as long as it works for you
  • When I am stuck at a certain weight, I go back to measuring my food/portions. Normally what happens is your portions get more lax, and you eat a little more than you think. It's something to look at anyways. Good Luck.
  • Make as many changes to your routine as you can.....when you eat, what you eat, when you exercise, the types of exercises, how long you exercise. Every change you make that is outside of your norm has the potential of "waking up" your body so that you start losing weight again.
  • Im new to MFP as well..and I'm still trying to understand how it works.
    Mine tells me I have to eat 1200 calories a day. I work out about 5 times of week doing kickboxing, bootcamp, cardio circuit training, and cycling, and my burned calories is over 500 (5 times a week). Am I supposed to eat 1200 calories only PLUS work out /burn 500 calories? Or do I eat 1200 plus whatever amount of calories i burn to equal total 1200 cal? Im confused :(

If you go to the help topics that mfp provides it should help with your question.....a quick response answer is make sure you NET 1200......it shows on your page in the last column :)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Im new to MFP as well..and I'm still trying to understand how it works.

If it tells you you have 1200 calories, that's what you're supposed to NET (consumed - burned = net). Track your exercise and you'll see the number of calories you're allowed to consume go up. Check out the stickies on the top of this forum category. They have a ton of information on it all.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Girl I was stuck with the same 3lbs for over 6 months! I tried it all zig zagging, resting, changing workouts and every other possible thing I could try. It just took time. I finally got past those 3lbs and finally dropping a bit again but not like I was before. I lost 57lbs without a problem then just dead stop. Just keep pushing girl you will find what works and what will get the loss moving again.