My marathon training....

Options
Today is the last day for me to putz around and "binge". Tommorrow I hit the pavement to start trainng for the pittsburgh marathon. Its coming back this year and given its an inagural year(so to speak) I am gonna make it my innagural marathon. I have always had a fascination with distance running and this appeals to me soo much. I also at some point wanna do an ultra-marathon as well as a triathalon and maybe by the wonderful grace of god qualify for boston. I am glad we have blogs here(thanks bunches mike!!!) so I can make sure I post my training on here and make sure that I dontr slip up. I have a 14 week training program and that gives me WAY more than enough time to do it and do it well. My goal is under 4:30 but like my 10K I surprised myself in clipping thru it in just over an hour. Maybe with ample time, I can do a sub 4!!!!! I like that I have the ability to tell you all I am doing it cause I feel like I will have a huge group of cheerleaders with me. The race is in May memorial day weekend I believe and I will be able to rock that RUN!!!!!!!!!!! So heres to that 26.2!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day for me to putz around and "binge". Tommorrow I hit the pavement to start trainng for the pittsburgh marathon. Its coming back this year and given its an inagural year(so to speak) I am gonna make it my innagural marathon. I have always had a fascination with distance running and this appeals to me soo much. I also at some point wanna do an ultra-marathon as well as a triathalon and maybe by the wonderful grace of god qualify for boston. I am glad we have blogs here(thanks bunches mike!!!) so I can make sure I post my training on here and make sure that I dontr slip up. I have a 14 week training program and that gives me WAY more than enough time to do it and do it well. My goal is under 4:30 but like my 10K I surprised myself in clipping thru it in just over an hour. Maybe with ample time, I can do a sub 4!!!!! I like that I have the ability to tell you all I am doing it cause I feel like I will have a huge group of cheerleaders with me. The race is in May memorial day weekend I believe and I will be able to rock that RUN!!!!!!!!!!! So heres to that 26.2!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    I have never been in shape to run but hope that someday I am. I always thought it would be cool to do a marathon. Even if I just walked it! What an accomplishment. Good Luck to you!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Good luck! The training in itself will be such a great workout!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The great thiong is in training you dont realize that you lose wt cause you arent focusing on that!!!!!!!!!!