What's your BIGGEST obstacle?

Options
124»

Replies

• MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not drinking wine or snacking in the evening, that's been my toughest challenge.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sports induced asthma with my insulin resistance from pcos

I dont get hungry after a hard gym session

http://www.details.com/health-fitness/diet/201109/fitness-revolution-workout-fat-gym-training?currentPage=1 good read especially the 2nd page
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I lack self control...
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    peanut butter and chocolate. and dont even get me started on reeses.

amen to that! Two of my biggest downfall urrggh!!!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Time management! Having two little ones and a husband who works pretty much all the time. This means forcing myself to get up between 4:30 to 5:00 am just to work out.....the ONLY time I can do it.
  • kotyjoe
    kotyjoe Posts: 9
    Options
    Definately the weekend. Especially if I have a few beers and then I get hungry and have some snacks or make a bad choice at dinner. If I could keep it going on Friday and Saturday night the way I do the rest of the week then I would be set.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My crazy schedule. I work full time and then some at a job with crazy unpredictable hours, and on top of that my son plays two sports year round and my husband works too far away to help with a lot of the transportation. So we are on the run all the time and that includes a lot of eating out.

I have been doing really well for about six months, but our busiest time of year for sports is coming up and I am nervous about being able to keep with it in the face of the increased chaos.
  • nvanger
    nvanger Posts: 1
    Options
    Me. :)
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I guess for me it'd be sugar. I'm having a really hard time keeping it below the suggested level for me...
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    potato chips
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    myself. I make excuses too much. I am a nursing student and I really don't have time to focus on anything but school...so I eat crappy and don't take care of myself. I am going into my last semester and am going to try REALLY REALLY hard to reach my goals because in Feb. I am going to reward myself with a very nice tropical vacation and want to be able to wear a bikini and look great in it!

ohhh and I love wine and sweets too!!! when i drink, i eat!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weekends. I love to eat at pubs and drink beer and then go to Mcdonalds for a hangover breakfast (and usually a midnight snack too!!)
    If there was no weekend, I would be skinny.

haha, me too!!!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I get too hungry..

And when I get REALLY hungry I make excuses saying "I'm happy with how I look"

The next day I'll be my normal crazy self look in the mirror and be very unhappy.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bread. I love making it and I LOVE eating it.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Shoot. Chocolate chips, peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips melted on top, wine, nursing school, especially exam time, two kids and a husband with soccer practice three nights a week during dinner hour, a family-wide overfondness for eating out, a tendency to not get enough sleep, chronic dehydration, chronic running injuries, red meat, celebrating with food, birthdays, birthday cake, comforting myself with food when I am tired and stressed (finals week), the Twilight Room (great bar food down the street), not liking to get up early, vodka with citrus, Girls' Night Out, three skinny boys/men in my home who believe you CAN (and should) outrun a bad diet, bacon cheeseburgers, a procrastination/time management problem that often leaves me with too little time to prep food, and generalized overcommitment.

ETA: Internet addiction!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Getting off my butt and doing it :) I used to use the "but I'm so tired..." excuse a lot. I don't care how tired I am or how much I would rather take a nap when my daughter does, I get my butt moving.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Booze . . . I don't have that hard a time eating healthy, I very much enjoy it.

But I'm an alcoholic, and over the last two years my life has been hellish and I've coped with vodka and wine. Up until a couple weeks ago I was drinking 3-4 gallons of vodka a week, with a couple 1.5L bottles of chardonnay. Then when drunk I would eat all kinds of crap. I'd wake up and survey the damage, I'd eat stuff I didn't even like.

Focusing on my health has been a lifesaver, and I know I can do this.
  • kmcginley613
    Options
    for me it is drinking, then drunk eating.. dang college ...
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Trying to find healthier alternatives to my cravings. Lately my craving has been for slow roasted pork with a side of rice and black beans, but I know that it's not that great for me. I know cravings are just your body's way of trying to get some sort of nutrient it needs, but the hardest part is trying to figure out what I need that's in the food I'm craving. Sometimes, if it's vague, I know what it is. For instance, I'm craving something salty, I probably need salt. I'm craving something sweet, I probably need sugar. I crave oranges, I probably need vitamin C. But what am I supposed to do when my body decides that it wants pork, rice and beans? Or something of non-nutritional value, like ice? :| (when I crave ice, I'm not dehydrated. I crave water when I'm dehydrated :P)

Ice cravings are actually semi-diagnostic of iron deficiency. So the next time you crave ice for no reason, chomp on a steak ;).
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating is proving to be my easiest thing. For me it's the exercise....I have Primary Progressive MS, but the pool is working wonders.