I feel like I'm turning into my mother

Options
smurfette75
smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
I remember a few years ago, when I wasn't really worried about what I ate and I'd exercise every once in a while. I would make fun of my mom because she was all about sodium and cholesterol and eating healthy. Now because of this place I'm doing the same thing!! Just thought I'd share :-)

Replies

• jackieb79
    Options
    The older I get, the more I realize I am like my mom, and that it isn't such a bad thing. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Not you too! I don't think there's any escape from the "I've Become My Mother" symdrome. :noway: :laugh: :laugh: At least in this case it's a good thing. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mirror Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all ;)

happens to everybody I think, I'm 22 and I'm seeing it already! But it's for your health, so that's good!
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    It would be my worst nightmare turning into my mother. The woman is a nightmare for the most part !
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    It would be my worst nightmare turning into my mother. The woman is a nightmare for the most part !
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    OMG are you a skin-walker?!
    Too much True Blood for you!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    As much as i love my mother and i respect her, i would never ever wanna be like her, she has some good qualities which i dont mind having but the rest of her NO! she's just egotistic, drama queen!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My momma has never looked her age, so I am cool with that! She just turned 75 but doesn't act it!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    OMG are you a skin-walker?!

LoL
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh, hon, I turned into my mother a LONG time ago, lol.

Well, the reality is - when we get older we realize how important those things (you mentioned) are. I waited til now - I'm 58!! You seem a good deal younger - and kudos to you for getting a grip on it now!!

(My daughter is on here & got me to join - she's smarter than most mom's, IMO. But then again... I'm her mom, lol)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am the oppisite of this. My mom failed to be a decent human being. =P Not going that route myself! I really wish I could relate to those with good mothers.