Update on my nutritionist appointment for anyone interested.

Options
I made a post about this the other day, but today I had my first appointment with my school's nutritionist/dietitian.

We figured out my body fat % and she looked over my diary that I printed a few days out of. I've been on a serious plateau lately, so she suggested I tweak some things. She pointed out that even though I TRY to keep my refined sugar (not fruit sugar) low, it was still too high and that I need to find whole grains that don't have any added sugar. She wants to try tweaking my macro-nutrients by bringing up my carbs to 50%, keep my protein at 25% (although I eat a lot more protein than that a day), and to lower my fat to 25%. She told me to keep my calories between 1300 & 1400 for a week and really focus on my macro's until we meet again next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to the next meeting...it'll be an hour and we'll fully go over how many calories I should be eating a day to lose weight with my BMR & TDEE.

As for exercise, she told me to up my intensity because I'm not burning as many calories on a day to day basis anymore (because I've lost 35 pounds). In her opinion, I shouldn't eat back all of my exercise calories because she said "it's not just about calories, it's more about fitness". But she did say to eat enough back to stay in a healthy range (towards 1300). My day is somewhat sedentary so that's why she recommended that....I'm sure it would be different if I had a higher metabolism & I was more active.

(I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANYTHING ABOUT EXERCISE CALORIES...haha so please don't get mad at me anyone!)

Replies

• mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Letsdothis,

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me the same thing about exercise calories.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! It will be interesting to see the results of the changes you are making over the next several weeks. Best of luck!!!!!
  • TheCharlaShow
    TheCharlaShow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this info!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Cool beans!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

(I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANYTHING ABOUT EXERCISE CALORIES...haha so please don't get mad at me anyone!)

Love that you added that last line...don't want anyone beating you up on the message boards for something a nutritionist recommended.