Hi! I'm a newbie and so into MFP!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for about a week after discovering the MFP app on the iPhone. First of all, I just want to say how wonderful the community is here and how helpful and encouraging everyone is. It is so true when people say it's addicting! I love seeing all the before and after photos.

I've been overweight most my life and now that I'm getting older (25 in a week), I have decided to get in amazing shape so I can start feeling great about myself. I find myself not partaking in activities where I will feel uncomfortable because of my weight (going to the beach, or going dancing). I try to convince myself I'm not into those things but really, who doesn't want to wear almost nothing at the beach, soak in safe levels of UV rays and feel good about it?!

Also, my boyfriend is in amazing shape and works out like crazy. He says he'll always love me no matter what I weigh but as we get older, I want him to know that I'm dedicated to living healthy and I could be a great role model for our future family. Hint hint, I'd like him to pop thee question!

This weight loss is all about me, but the BF is great added motivation! Anyway, I've been eating healthy for about 6 months, slowly losing 1 lb every 2 weeks, but now I'm using MFP to really keep an eye on calories and I've started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Adding these two factors has really pumped up the weight loss as I am down about 6lbs in 8 days. I know this will slow down, but what a great way to start!

Anyway, I look forward to posting about my progress and offering support to others!

Good luck to you all!

And apologies for the life story! :)

Replies

• Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd love to stand in your corner and cheer ya on! You should add me :)