What wont you give up?

Options
124»

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork, but that has been my way for way longer than this weight loss thing.

I am an "in moderation" girl. I can / will eat whatever I want. Even onion rings with ranch dressing (though, that happens a LOT less often now!)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The occasional beer. My joke with my family is "I run so I can drink beer."

you must be my long lost twin!
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Caramel
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and my Nips candies.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm never gonna give you up.

I'm never gonna let you down.

Oh no! We've been Rick-Rolled!! :)

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Dacia24
    Dacia24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up anything but fast food(fast food is gross to me). I think as long as you eat in moderation, you should be ok. (Well, that's what I tell myself at least. to feel better :wink: )
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything that I'll never give up. I believe in moderation.
    Same, if I gave something up I would end up craving so much that I would just throw it all in. If I fancy something I just add an extra half hour to my exercise, like tonight I wanted some ice cream so I did 15 minutes of skipping while I was cooking dinner.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have not given up anything, portion control and moderation are my guidelines. However, coffee and chocolate will always be on my most have list. LOL

You took the words right out of my mouth!

'It must have been while you were kissing me'

Sorry couldn't resist lol
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee (would never give up that - but I wouldn't even consider it, lol) so much I roast my own. When I started, I tried the nonfat creamers, fat free (skim) milk. Ugh. Actually *did* stop drinking coffee for awhile it was so bad.

Then when visiting my daughter (the one who got me on here) I saw that she uses light cream in her coffee. She figured the calories & fat difference wasn't huge. So now I use up to a tablespoon, but most times less, of light cream, sometimes w/a bit of milk if we have it in the fridge.

If it was too much a temptation to me (to use too much) I just wouldn't use it, but I've kept it under control.

Great treat, btw!!

And - they just mentioned a study on the news tonight - results indicate that dark chocolate can help workouts - so I'm going to indulge in ONLY a small amt when I start going to the gym. (can only buy a small portion at a time or I WILL eat it all, lol)
  • cookiesaurus
    Options
    I won't give up my sanity!

Oh wait....i've already lost that. Oh well
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Nothing..I haven't given up one single thing..but I eat a lot less of what ever now!!>.LOL..Cake..nom nom nom Sunday afternoons only!!..Candy once in a while if I want it...chips..1oz instead of a huge bowl full....This is for LIFE...and at 43 I hope that "life" lasts a long time..I am giving up nothing!!!!

Couldn't have said it better!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Haven't had to since I counter calories with exercise, make sure I get my essentials in and get plenty of rest. It really does work.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    PIZZA!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    whiskey! but basically i just believe in moderation, i enjoy life too much to give up anything i love too much
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Soda...............................though I am reducing my portions!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Cheese!

Although I have started using 2% options and some fat free where sugar hasn't been pumped in to compensate for missing fat.

But a world without cheese is just a sad, sad place.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I am SEVERELY disappointed that no one mentioned......... BACON.

I mean WTF is this world coming to if all MFP'ers having given up one of the best things in life (behind hookers, blow and beer of course)

;)
  • cookiesaurus
    Options
    Pastries. Of any sort, with any filling except nuts (allergic) danish, cinnamon buns are my favourites. It's all about moderation
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    test