Share ideas for lowish sugar foods with cottage cheese:-)

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I personally love mine with a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper on top--yum! Fresh berries are also really tasty with it, as is pineapple. I'm thinking about eating more cottage cheese because it's high in protein, and I could use some interesting things to mix in. What do you like in your cottage cheese? :-)

Replies

• RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about eating cottage cheese more. I'll be checking back to this thread :)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat non fat cottage cheese every morning for breakfast. I like fruit in mine as well, my favorite is Dole tropical fruit in natural juices.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love cottage cheese - but it's so high in sodium that I need to limit it! :(
  • desertion
    Options
    I love applesauce with my cottage cheese. I know it sounds a bit strange but its actually very good!
  • flbutler
    flbutler Posts: 26
    Options
    I like tomatoes in my cottage cheese...with pepper
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like mixing applesauce with cottage cheese too. I also like it with pineapple and peaches. Try half a pear stuffed with cottage cheese and Dorothy Lynch dressing drizzled over it. :)
  • AlmaDouglas
    Options
    Garden vegetable soup with cottage cheese... yum
  • peacock2828
    Options
    I mix a dry packet of Ranch mix in 3 cups of low fat cottage cheese and dip cucumber slices in it. High in sodium though, so you have to watch it.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    baked potatoe with cottage cheese
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    OMG a Cottage cheese lover. I just started eating Cottage Cheese a few weeks ago and I love it, especially with pineapple, although the Sugar in Pineapple is high. I eat with any kind of fruit EXCEPT cherries (yuck!!!!).

I also put it in my Protein shake (lactaid low fat cottage cheese), it gives it that nice milkshake consistency that i like.

I LOVE Cottage Cheese. I too have been looking for other ways to eat it or to add it to other foods.
    ~Chika
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Dried basil and black pepper is the best!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I mix a dry packet of Ranch mix in 3 cups of low fat cottage cheese and dip cucumber slices in it. High in sodium though, so you have to watch it.

Use it as a dip, hmmmmm Not a bad idea!
    Thanks
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    Oooh I looooove cottage cheese too and have to admit I eat it with most meals! Found it a great replacement for mayo on home made potato wedges, have it on salad.

It goes really well with mango and paprika! :)
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    i eat cottage cheese on kallo rice cakes with no added salt (they're wholegrain too!!)

YUM!
  • meowthania
    Options
    This really depends on the cottage cheese - some just go chewy...I like to warm mine up in the microwave with a little bit of cinnamon...
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I like it with fruit. Lately its been chopped cantelope & grapes. I also like it with tomatos & pepper.
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try mixing salsa in. So good! Or this morning I scooped out the seeds of half a cantaloupe and filled it with cottage cheese and blueberries, then ate the whole thing with a spoon. It was delicious and actually kept me full until lunch, which is rare!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Almost every day for a snack I will eat some low sodium cottage cheese mixed up with sugar free jello. It is actually pretty good...and VERY low sugar (only what is on the cottage cheese, if any)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Wow those all sound so good! Especially the pear and cottage cheese one :) Thanks everyone! BTW, if you like fruit in your cottage cheese, try getting those Dole fruit cups, they make them sugar free or no sugar added and opt for the low sodium cottage cheese. It's yummy yummy. :)
  • schiggs
    schiggs Posts: 3
    Options
    try it with maderine oranges. also it is good as a replacement for mayo in tuna.