just want to say hello and would like advice
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    00020121.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    just want to say hello and would like advice
    :flowerforyou:

well regarding advice... I think what many of us have found that works really well is using the MFP tools Mike came up with. Keeping track of your food intake, excercise, water etc.

Post post post and jump right in and begin to interact...I think that's one of the biggest things for feeling like you're a real part of this board!

So many various threads to join, stay at homes, work out side the home moms, yoga threads, recipes galore, so there is much to jump in on and particpate in.

Folks here are very kind regarding responding to questions thought there is a 'newbie' section to read on the forum home page that Mike set up...that will answer many many of your questions.

Glad to have you here...Welcome:drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Kazzit , and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Hello!
  • huffandpuff
    huffandpuff Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! I just signed up after hearing about this site from my mom for months. I'm tired of being overweight and out of shape. I've tried various diets before and have always failed. I quit trying to diet becuase I was afraid of another failure. I think I'm FINALLY ready to do this! I have to - my relationship with my husband is hurting becuase of my lack of self confidence and I'm too out of shape to run around with my girls like I want to.

Any advice would be great - thanks!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Hi everyone! I just signed up after hearing about this site from my mom for months. I'm tired of being overweight and out of shape. I've tried various diets before and have always failed. I quit trying to diet becuase I was afraid of another failure. I think I'm FINALLY ready to do this! I have to - my relationship with my husband is hurting becuase of my lack of self confidence and I'm too out of shape to run around with my girls like I want to.

Welcome to the site huff:drinker:

Great first step posting! advice would be to keep posting, posting and more posting. Utilize the tools MFP has available.... places to track your excercise, food & water daily. Keep a log of everything that goes in your mouth and read all the newbie info on the homepage of MFP Community it really helps to get to feel more comfy here.:flowerforyou:

Feel free to always ask questions, many will probably be answered in the Community newbie stuff but if you find other things you'd like to understand better...there's always someone willing to offer a hand.

Continue to jump in like you have and get aquainted so you feel more a part of things here...

Glad to have you join us:drinker:
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    thanks guys it a great help
  • kazzit

• kazzit
    ive also tried different diets and always failed lets hope this one works
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    ive also tried different diets and always failed lets hope this one works

I think we've ALL tried every diet out there, heck, I've even tried being hypnotised, TWICE! :laugh:
    Nothing worked until I found MFP, and I've been a "loser" ever since! It REALLY DOES work, so give it your all, and it'll also work for you too! :smile: