Changed my weight loss goals:

Options
Ok guys, After struggling to get through every weekend - this past one being the worst, I have set myself more realistic weight loss targets.
I will admit that, losing another 11lbs before xmas for me is a little unrealistic, I'm working a lot of hours and weekends are just horendous for me right now, so, I am now settling for losing 6 lbs, instead of 11 before xmas. It's not a lot, and I think it will help me get my confidence back - I seem to have lost it over the past week or so.

How is everyone else getting on with their targets? anyone else having trouble keeping to their targets this time of year?

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, After struggling to get through every weekend - this past one being the worst, I have set myself more realistic weight loss targets.
    I will admit that, losing another 11lbs before xmas for me is a little unrealistic, I'm working a lot of hours and weekends are just horendous for me right now, so, I am now settling for losing 6 lbs, instead of 11 before xmas. It's not a lot, and I think it will help me get my confidence back - I seem to have lost it over the past week or so.

How is everyone else getting on with their targets? anyone else having trouble keeping to their targets this time of year?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    6 sounds is do-able cyber!:drinker: If you end up losing more...well then simply YAY for you, right?! I know for myself if I set too high of goals and don't make it.............uh oh...look out I do some serious inner talk damage....chops down my self esteem doing that.

So........I'm with you, set a goal, do your best....and knowing you are doing your best....what falls into place will be exactly what your body needs at that moment.:heart:

Best to you:flowerforyou:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Yes this time of year I practically don't have weight loss goals. More like weight gain goals. My goal is to make it to New Years without gaining the usual 10 pounds or so Christmas packs on me. Don't beat yourself up about it. Weight loss is a long slow journey, but that is the best way to do it.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you on this one! I am losing at a measly .5 per week rate. I dont know who I was kidding when I said 10lbs. I mean a girl can dream but please!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My original Thanksgiving goal actually became my Christmas goal! And I'll be surprised if I make it because losing all of a sudden became harder than every right now!

I'm making a goal of one pound by Friday! Right now I can't look beyond Friday or I'll just want to quit.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'm making a goal of one pound by Friday! Right now I can't look beyond Friday or I'll just want to quit.

Now that's an idea, maybe I should take it one week at a time over Xmas and New Year and just keep everything crossed - could be interesting on the ole treadmill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: (cries of laughter might I add!!!) :bigsmile:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I am still at losing 2lbs a week, and yes my range is 1250 calories a day. I always eat more than that, since I eat all my exercise calories. Also I keep in mind if I go up to say 1400 a day I know I can still lose 1-1..5 a day so I dont stress over it too much