hungry girl cookbook

Options
OH so yummy! The onion rings are a full meal by themselves and today for lunch, my hubby and I had the greek pita with butternut squash fries. We split a serving of fries and came in at under 300 calories for the whole meal ketchup and all. We were both stuffed. 1000x better than having a lean pocket and still being starving. Just thought I would share with you guys.

Replies

• crazybigchick
    Options
    OH so yummy! The onion rings are a full meal by themselves and today for lunch, my hubby and I had the greek pita with butternut squash fries. We split a serving of fries and came in at under 300 calories for the whole meal ketchup and all. We were both stuffed. 1000x better than having a lean pocket and still being starving. Just thought I would share with you guys.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    So it sounds as if you would recommend the cookbook? I love pics in recipe books that's the only thing really stopping me so far in purchasing it. lol

Glad you posted...the onion rings sound yummy... I'll have to recheck her site out and see what she has up already......haven't been their for a bit. :drinker:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This is on my Christmas list, I'm so glad you mentioned it. Are most of the recipes in there fairly easy to make?
  • want2beslim
    Options
    sounds good may have to look for that book :smile:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Yes the food is fairly easy to prepare. No need for a lot of gadgets or fancy foods. Although peeling a butternut squash was a bit harder than I expected.

Hubby and I had to split a serving of the fries, because my kids went crazy over them! That alone makes it a winner in my book.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I will have to investigate. I love meals that are under 300 calories it works with my snacking schedule! : ) And for it to be a meal that is filling is even better.

Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Hungry Girl. A lot of people decry her stuff as just lots of empty calories, but she has a lot of healthy recipes too. Butternut Squash Fries? Perhaps not a salad, but squash is GOOD for you!

And...she made a cherry pie that's 90 calories a slice. She is a goddess.
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    This cookbook has been wonderful. I have made several things out of it and so far, they are a hit. My husband went to cooking school and is a very picky eater. He has liked everything so far.

Each week I pick out a new recipe to try. So far my favorites are the Kickin Chicken Pot Pie and the Onion Rings. The Breakfast pizza is also delicious and I don't even like eggs. I didn't have any butternut squash so I used sweet potatoes and made them the same way. They were good both warm and cold.

If you are looking for pictures, go to www.hungrygirl.com/book. There are pictures of every recipe in the book.