Happiness is....

Options
..going to the store and finding out you can now purchase large sized shirts instead of the XXL ones that you were purchasing in July!

Which, incidentally, is what happened to me this weekend. In fact, I'm starting to think that by the spring, I might even need medium ones.

Replies

• psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ..going to the store and finding out you can now purchase large sized shirts instead of the XXL ones that you were purchasing in July!

Which, incidentally, is what happened to me this weekend. In fact, I'm starting to think that by the spring, I might even need medium ones.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that being so focused on the scale can be deceiving, where as seeing that you have physically shrunk is amazing and substantial.

Keep up the good work!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Such a good feeling! I hope you are able to see the big M by the spring! Congrats!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    A banana dance for YOU mister!!
    0002013F.gif
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! You'll make it to medium I know it! :happy:

I recently shared a similar experience. I finally got up enough guts to go to a store and try on pants with numbers. (my previous purchase was a M pair) I fit into a size 8! (before I started I was debating whether it go into a size twelve because I like my pants loose and my 10s fit but were too tight. I bought two pair of 8's (in womens sizes the size varies on the designer so one size is loose and one size fits like I told it is suppose to). Yea!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It DOES feel great to buy smaller clothes, doesn't it?!!! :smile:
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words!

You know, it's funny. Before, when I was wearing XXL, i just bought short-sleeve polos because you can just throw them on and not worry about it. Yesterday, I bought a couple of L long-sleeve dress shirts because, well, they actually look right on me now. I've always enjoyed dressing nicer, but the past few years, I didn't make the effort. Now that stuff fits better, I sure will make more of an effort!

Here's hoping you all have similar results in the near future, especially if you're working hard.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!:flowerforyou:

The downside is that you now need a new wardrobe! Which, if you ask me, is NEVER a downside. I'm always looking for reasons to buy pretty new dresses, now I have an excuse.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!