Fat, Sick & Nearly Death

Options
Has anyone else watched this documentary? I've been making spinach and berry smoothies with yogurt and protein power but maybe I'll try just doing it with fruits and veggies. Not just for weight loss, but for detoxing and restarting my body. Any thoughts or input?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night. Still processing the whole thing. A friend of mine is on day 6. I'll see him tomorrow and see how it's going for him. I'd be glad to share his thoughts if you're interested.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would love an update. I'm still watching it and kind of reeling from it.
  • MikeyKeith
    Options
    I wanna buy a Juicer to try it for Detox. Man, they are expensive though.
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was just going to watch this! It's on my Netflix instant watch queue... is it worth watching?
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    Yogurt is not going to help detoxing because when milk enters the body it has a very acidic effect on the body messing with the PH balance and causes weight gain and mucus. Though our bodies naturally make mucus to coat everything we eat, and protect the surfaces of our membranes there starts to be a problem when we start to have too much. Mucus helps trap the toxins to help them leave the body but when we have too much it’s starts to harden and build up along the walls of our intestines adding sludge and making everything move slower through the intestinal tract making the body have to deal with the toxins for longer. When we ingest dairy your body has to try to get rid of it as fast as it can to make sure it doesn’t hurt it too much. This is why when we try to cut dairy out of our diet we always seem to get a cold and stuffy or runny nose because all the mucus is trying to leave the body and bring the levels back to normal. Plus protein digest differently in the body compared to fruits and veggies and needs a acidic environment to break every down.

So yeah i would try it with just fruits and veggies and i think you'll get a lot of good out of it and good luck on cleaning your body and detoxing.
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    I saw it, a little skeptical still. I'd recommend you see both sides of the argument by watching "Fat Head" before jumping into full juice-fast mode.
  • JayAlexander
    Options
    It's an interesting watch. It's more of a personal success story rather than a really informational documentary. Still good info though, really gets you thinking
  • JayAlexander
    Options
    I have watched Fat Head also
  • wbgolden
    Options
    So he's on day 5, I correct myself. He said he is feeling really good. Lots of energy, but craving physical food. He's lost 8 lbs already. Dave is a pretty big guy with over 100 lbs to lose and his previous diet was absolute crap. He is going to take it 10 days at a time, he says.

To clarify the craving part: he wants to eat. He's not hungry. He's just used to eating a lot, and working on getting rid of that mental thing. I'd guess it's similar to when a smoker quits and has nothing to do with his hands anymore. Oral fixation? Something like that.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Juice the ginger separately. The flavor is STRONG
  • madeanew
    madeanew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of this documentary. However, I can attest to the energy and just overall feeling of strength when juicing. I really like doing all fruit but thats just me.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I tried the juicing thing for a while, but was dismayed at all the waste from the pulp. I would juice up what seemed like 4 pounds of vegetables for 2 glasses of juice and then dump 3 1/2 pounds of pulp in the trash.
    Plus...............I like to CRUNCH things. ;-)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wbgolden
    Options
    My buddy is on day 8 now and 13 lbs lighter. Says he feels great and the cravings are starting to subside :)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Interesting to watch. I first saw it a week ago with my roommate. She and I decided to do it, and start Tuesday morning! I've heard day three is the worst. Look out, Thursday!!