Coffee Creamer will be my downfall.

Options
Hi there, I am a coffee addict. I use zero calorie sweetener, one packet per cup, but I LOVE COFFEE CREAMER. Especially super sweet caramel vanilla flavors. The calories are insane, even in the non-fat creamers. Any ideas for a substitute?

sidenote- I don't eat dairy, so I'm limited to soy creamers or lactose-free creamers.

THANKS!

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    same here, i loooove french vanilla creamer. i'm trying to wean myself off of coffee but it doesn't seem to be working lol.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have this exact problem....
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have weaned myself to black 90% of the time and i was a creamer addict. Good luck
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this would help, but maybe flavored soy milk or flavored almond milk. That's my downfall as well.
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    I switched from liquid to powder and that helped me some. I still LOVE my creamer, though.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. Hard to handle at first, but it gets better. Now when I have creamer and sweetner it taste's awful. That artificial sweetner is NG for weight loss either.
  • sfarrant
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. 40 calories for a whole CUP.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Try the sugar-free flavors if you can find them in a flavor you like and use measuring spoons to measure it into your coffee. Try to stick to just two tbsp per cup. I love the creamers, too. The La Creme ones are sooooo sinful. Good luck!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The International Delight Skinny Caramel Macchiato creamer has been my nemesis the past few days. I've measured out 2 tbsp per cup, but I like my coffee light and sweet. The small amount I put in just isn't enough! I'd dump half the bottle in if calories didn't matter...
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Get the sugar free version.... I put SF Hazelnut in my coffee, protein shakes AND mixed in Fage 0% greek yogurt... I love it.
    Since you already use artifical sweeteners, you could just order SF DAvinci or Torani syrups too... there are tons of flavors. My favorites are almond, amaretto, eggnog ... all sugar free.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hi there, I am a coffee addict. I use zero calorie sweetener, one packet per cup, but I LOVE COFFEE CREAMER. Especially super sweet caramel vanilla flavors. The calories are insane, even in the non-fat creamers. Any ideas for a substitute?

sidenote- I don't eat dairy, so I'm limited to soy creamers or lactose-free creamers.

THANKS!

My creamer is only 35 calories a tablespoon... caramel macchiato
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. 40 calories for a whole CUP.

Unsweetened Silk Pure Almond - 35 calories for a whole cup. Use that and some SF Syrup and you have it made.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Pepperming mocha coffeemate is my one thing that I have not been able to give up. I don't mind black coffee, but pepp mocha is something that just makes my mornings a million times better.
  • beccadore
    Options
    This is also my downfall. I am now drinking my coffee with unsweetned almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of agave nectar. Love,LOVE it! You could still use the articificial sweetner instead of the agave, the almond milk only has 45 calories per cup.
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also used to be a creamer addict, especially those sweet ones! I've switched to coconut milk french vanilla creamer and only use one tablespoon per cup - it took some getting used to but I still enjoy my coffee. Also, I just started using the flavored stevia drops or flavored k-cups so I don't need the extra sweetness from the creamer.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've never been one for creamers, but I have Crohn's Disease and I can't have diary and always used to put milk in my coffee. I cannot drink it black... I tried and it's gross. Now I use Almond Milk. The Dark Chocolate one is my favorite. :) Almond Milk only comes in Original, Vanilla, or Dark Chocolate, but when you want a chocolate flavor added to you coffee, it's definitely a good addition! :)
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try unsweetened almond milk (35 cal per cup!) and some sugar free syrup (0 cal)... it has saved me and now I feel no guilt when I drink my morning coffee or two :)
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find that almond milk is just not the same as creamer? It's so thin and just doesn't do it for me. I've tried using soy milk before, but I always go right back to the creamers.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I gave up using coffee creamer for over a year, only added either milk or unsweetened almond milk. It didn't help me lose anything. As much as I kept telling myself I didn't need it, I missed it.

If I had lost weight it would've been worth it but I've just recently started adding in back but only in one cup per day and measured every time. Although I think I'm going to switch it up and use half and half.

Once upon a time I would buy those individual liquid creamer cups, anywhere from 10-15 calories per cup to make sure I was being accurate.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    This is also my downfall. I am now drinking my coffee with unsweetned almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of agave nectar. Love,LOVE it! You could still use the articificial sweetner instead of the agave, the almond milk only has 45 calories per cup.
    I'll second the Blue Agave. It's the only type of sweetner (natural or artificial) that I use. Low glycemic index, and natural. Worth the 20 calories per teaspoon. I think that there are a few studies to suggest that artificial sweetners will not help with weight loss, and to the contrary have been linked to weight gain. Your liver can only do so much, why burden it with trying to remove a man made chemical from your body?