I just bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Any suggestions?

Options
I only bought the dvd i read on ehow that you should do it with dumbells but idk id like some advice on it thanks=]

Replies

• MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You'll need a mat if you're working out on a hardwood floor. I have 2 sets of dumbells. 3lbs and 5 lbs. I use the 3lbs for the moves that the 5lb weights are too heavy for. Defintely be sure to stretch out good before and after working out and drink your water and you'll be good to go!

Also, be sure to wear tennis shoes and don't do this barefoot!!
  • Connie137
    Connie137 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have a dvd of hers and i injured myself twice then i threw it in the garbage. i find she thinks everyone is like her and that you can do anything . its not true.. we are not all designed to jump into a jillian boot camp workout because believe me thats what her workouts are like. i injured by wrists and my back.. you really gotta know what you are doing and have proper fourm at all times. i would recommend bob harper dvd's however. he is a trainer that is accomidating to everyone. he knows that not everyone has the same endurance so he gives you alternative exercises to do.. and you still lose weight.. he is more experienced than jillian and a way better instructor..
    thats my opinion.. good luck
  • lisakilian
    lisakilian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy mine but it does kick my butt and that is just on the level 1- but you stay at that level until it feels comfortable and that you arent working as hard to do the exercises and then move on to the next level- but it is at your own pace so do what feels right. I also use a matt and I agree that you want to wear tennis shoes. I also have a 3 lb set and a 5 lb set of dumbells...the way she does her workout it to make you use 2 muscle groups at the same time on some of the workouts so you will want something...you could use a couple cans of peas or something simple if you dont want to go out and buy them- just something for resisitance. I really enjoy the workout and I really sweat. Good luck to you!
  • jessicacable14
    Options
    I started doing this about three weeks ago and for the first week, I couldn't even get through it without stopping. It's a great form of cardio and will definitely get you into shape!! Her attitude isn't for everyone BUT it's what I need to keep me going.
  • kmma75
    kmma75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey I did the 30DS and use it as my workout a few days a week, just got 6Week 6Pack and am waiting for Ripped in 30. I like her workouts. It will seem hard at first, but after a few days, you will find yourself getting stronger and it does get easier. I only do Level 3 now when I use the workout. Yes you need weights, mat and shoes for sure! I would say the warm up is pretty good, but the cool down and stretching isn't nearly long enough, so do more stretching at the end. Follow Anita the beginner at first too, if you find it tough. Good Luck!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I only have 5lb and 8lb weights and the 8lb were way too heavy, so I use the 5lb. I finished day 8, level 1 today!
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like it! I like level three better though; it has more plank exercises. I could never do it all thirty days; however, but I lost 10lbs in 3 months doing it whenever, eating better (trying), and walking! I also like to do "Ripped in Thirty" (week three workout).
    Good Luck!!!!