Diary of a meat eater...

Options
2»

Replies

• Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Options
    Kangaroo Meat - but obviously subject to availability on your continent!

The contestants on Australian TBL use it.

Although I'm not keen on eating one of our national emblems! :P

9698616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

LOL I think I might have a hard time finding that in Chicago :D But thank you!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    The trick to finding balance for me was lowering my portions of meat and upping my portions of veggies at every meal. I use the guide I got from WebMD that shows 1/2 your plate should be veggies (you can split it into different kinds if one is too boring), 1/4 your plate should be protein and 1/4 should be starch (corn counts as a starch according to this chart).

Lean cuts are always a plus, too. I get these boneless lean pork chops that are the perfect size and are very versatile! (I do 99% of my shopping at Kroger)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you choose cuts from the parts of the animal that move the most then your going to be pretty okay. Top side, silver side, chunk or flank are the best. Dr Mike Moreno (the 17 day diet) reccomends Beef topside, braising steak, lean steak mince, rump steak, sirlion beef, skirt steak, boneless pork roast, pork chops, pork fillet, lamb shoulder, leg of lamb and veal cutlet
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I personally eat very little meat, but when I do it is typically fish, or boneless chicken breast. . . I cut out red meat a long time ago. . . Boca burgers are good. . . I Like the morning star pizza burger and black bean burgers myself. . They are a great alternative and provide you with a great amount of lean protein. . .

Other than that I would suggest using ground turkey in place of hamburger. . or boca. Wish you luck.