In need of some proper workout clothes?

brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
Lately I have just been wearing an old pair of scrubs cuffed to the knee and an over sized tee, with my regular bra (I know, ick!) but I would really like some actual work out specific pants, shirts, etc. Then it occurred to me. At JCPenney, they sell SJB (Saint John's Bay) Active Wear, and they sell it in plus sizes! The shirts and pants are really light weight while still offering the support and comfort. Plus, they're really cute too :-) They range from 8 to 20 dollars usually, depending on what you get obviously. Plus, if you sign up for JCP Rewards (totally free, no obligations to sign up for a card or anything, risk free.) as long as you spend money there they send you a 10 dollar off coupon. (It also helps if you know someone that works at one--we get a 20 percent discount ;)

I in NO way will profit or financially benefit from you buying any products from there or signing up for the Rewards program, it's just honestly a really good deal :)

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    I love JC Penney. I got jeans there for $6.70 per pair on the 80% off sale.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Will have to check that out, thanks! I found some nice Danskin workout wear, in plus sizes, at Wal-Mart. So far they have held up well.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    I love JC Penney. I got jeans there for $6.70 per pair on the 80% off sale.

When they have sales, they have GREAT sales! lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I always do a google search for "JC Penney printable coupons" before shopping there, and can usually find a $10 off purchase of $25 coupon. Couple that with their sales, and you have better prices than thrift shops!
  • Walmart also has workout gear in plus size. I LOVE the yoga pants from danskin. Sooo comfy!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    addicted to TJMAXX for my workout wear needs
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    LULU LEMON All the way here!! They are very expensive! But the clothing is simply awesome! Lasts forever! I am addicted! I have a closet full! If its price that you are looking for this is not it! BUT If ur hubby/bf wants to treat ya or hey you just wanna treat yourself? LULU WINS hands down! :) P.S. Walmart does sell some pretty cute workout gear as well, I also just bought some the other day! :) Costco sells some nice gear as well, even looks a lil like LULU!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    I went to JCP yesterday and purchased several SJB outfits! Many of them are on clearance right now so you can get a good deal. They also have them online if you don't find the colors you want in the store.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    If you sign up for Jcpenny email, they send you a 10.00 off 10.00 coupon every month or two. That is my kind of deal :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    I always do a google search for "JC Penney printable coupons" before shopping there, and can usually find a $10 off purchase of $25 coupon. Couple that with their sales, and you have better prices than thrift shops!

I'm going to let you and everyone else in a little secret. 1. If you can find anywhere that sells the item for less, we have to match the price. 2. If you accidentally leave your ten dollar off coupon at home and you let the associate know, they will scan the barcode for the one they keep behind the register. 3. If you find something on a rack where the sign says it's less than what it rang up for, tell them what the sign said and as long as it's no more than a 60 percent difference, they will give it to you at that price.

Just a few helpful hints :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    I went to JCP yesterday and purchased several SJB outfits! Many of them are on clearance right now so you can get a good deal. They also have them online if you don't find the colors you want in the store.

Yeah, all of our summer things are on clearance right now because we're putting things out for winter. So, ladies, if you're in need a new suit for next summer, now is the cheapest time to buy :)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Walmart also has workout gear in plus size. I LOVE the yoga pants from danskin. Sooo comfy!

i just bought a pair of these since they were on sale and I love them!

i also bought some pants at Family Dollar...I know but they were only $8.00 and it was a buy one get one half off..they work really good!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Walmart and Target have very decent workout wear that's reasonably priced.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    i dont have any cool workout clothes, i should totally get on this!
  • No JCPenney in UK :(
This discussion has been closed.