I'm not completely new, but I've fallen off the wagon...

Options
I keep trying to lose weight, I just keep giving up. I am so unhappy with my body right now, I'm miserable. I just had my daughter June 1st, but I was unhappy with my weight before I even got pregnant. My biggest problem is SODA! I HATE IT! I try to drink other stuff, but I live a block and a half from the gas station and it's so easy to go and get a 44oz fountain soda. It scares me when I think about it. I drink probably 2-3 of them a day! That's a lot of soda...I feel so helpless...:sad:

Replies

• brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to lose weight, I just keep giving up. I am so unhappy with my body right now, I'm miserable. I just had my daughter June 1st, but I was unhappy with my weight before I even got pregnant. My biggest problem is SODA! I HATE IT! I try to drink other stuff, but I live a block and a half from the gas station and it's so easy to go and get a 44oz fountain soda. It scares me when I think about it. I drink probably 2-3 of them a day! That's a lot of soda...I feel so helpless...:sad:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That was a big down fall for me too! Min of 4 cans of Mt Dew a day (only because our closest gas station doesn't have the fountain drinks :laugh: )

At first I tried just "cuting down" ....I learned I had to completely cut it out! The first couple weeks was really hard..but it got to the point I could have it in the house (since my husband drinks it) and I wasn't so tempted. The second I say I'm just going to have one...I end up downing them non stop! So now I have completely cut them out!

Good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Awwwe your baby is so tiny and cute!

There are a lot of reasons to stop drinking soda, especially if you're breastfeeding. But I'm not trying to be brutally honest today so I'll just leave it at that. If you want to know more, you can ask. Quitting soda will do more than help you lose fat. :flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of the baby, I can totally remember when mine were that small, my baby is in the picture with me and she is 5 now. They grow up so fast and it breaks my heart.

I would say with the soda, just try to cut it down to maybe one a day, and make sure that you drink your water, that was kinda hard for me to start with but i totally cut myself from soda cold turkey. I had done really good till this past weekend, I did I think have only one bottle of water for the whole weekend and I know that isn't good.

Just think your body is trying to get back in order from you having the baby, just make a small goal for the week and try to keep that and then make another one and it does get better. Good luck!!!!
  • natashak
    Options
    Hey! i also have a drinking soda problem. I used to drink 4 cans of regular coke a day. And I was soo dehydrated. I've cut down a lot. I went the whole summer, when I first started my diet without drinking soda. I now started my first job, and I hate coffee, so I need the caffeine to keep me up. Ive been trying to drink coffee now, or go to coke zero to get the caffeine without the calories.

I at first also cut down. I started one week going to three cans a day, then cut down to one the next week. I then did that for two weeks and then I started hating soda. What I realized was having a waterbottle with me constantly. Whenever I was thirstly, I'd grab my water bottle, and chung it until I didn't want to drink any more. It def has changed a lot in me.

1) it made me lose 15 pounds this summer by cutting out soda alone
    2) My skin was better
    3) I felt more energized
    4) I hate the taste of anything with sugar now...

hope that helps..

QUIT NOW!! Trust me, take it slow, you'll feel alot better :)
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. Had a baby in Febuary and usd to have a major Pepsi addiction, I would drink 3 or 4 20oz bottles everyday when I worked all the time. I tried cutting down but the caffine withdrawl got me (I worked 60+ hours a week). Then I decided that I had to reclaim my body from the caffine (demon) so I quit cold-turkey and went to water. The first week or two SUCKED and after a few more weeks I tried a soda because I was at a fast food restaurant and it was SOOOO sweet I couldn't drink it. Now, two years later, I occasionally (one a week or so) have a soda but I rally LOVE my water now!! Good Luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    :standing up and saying "Hi, I'm Frithir and I'm a carbonated water addict":

At the "encouragement" (translate that into persistent, stubborn nagging) of my husband, I went cold-turkey off both carbonated water AND anything with aspertame in it at the same time, which meant I went from downing the equivelent of 2 liters of diet pop a day to nothing as far as carbonated water and a vast majority of what constituted my daily diet as far as aspertame. That was just over a year ago and while the first couple of weeks were not something I would care to repeat, I am glad I did it. Actually, I lost my cravings for pop within a few days.......the withdrawal from aspertame however, gave me a whole new level of empathy for the clients I had that struggled with addictions :noway: :sick: :sad: I haven't had a single swig of pop since then but about a month after I started, I ate some low-fat ice cream that had aspertame in it........and can honestly say that I truly understand why that stuff is called "sweet poison" :sick: :noway: