My first NSV - Please share yours, too!

My very first NSV happened while I was visiting my family in South Florida. I was sitting at the dining room table with my cousin & my two aunts. I got up to get everyone some coffee from the kitchen & when I sat back down my cousin noticed my jeans bunch up. She looked down at them & said... "Those pants are way too big for you!"

I looked down to see that she was right! They had felt really loose lately. I looked back at her & said, "Oh? I bought these about a month & a half ago, but they fit perfectly fine then!"

Then, one of my aunts told me that she noticed my face & how it had been thinner since I'd seen her last (mind you all, I only saw her TWO weeks ago). I LOVE NSVs!

PLEASE share your first (or favorite) NSV! I love hearing other stories!

Replies

• giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    No one has any NSVs they want to share?
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    My first NSV was when I went from a size 10 to a size 8 within a couple of months...and knew I'd lost weight and inches and hubby took me shopping for new jeans and I was so excited to be down 2 sizes!!! It felt SO good!!!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    the scale HATES me but Ive lost 5.5 inches! Any loss is good right?
  • giaciccone

Absolutely! In fact, I apparently lost quite a bit in my waistline & face, but the scale only reads about 5 pounds. I would've thought more, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Inches matter most because those are the visible results!
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    My BF called me his trophy girl and pointed out numerous areas on my where he could really tell I had been working out. Great day!
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    This is one I wrote a while ago, so here it is again...
    So, yesterday I entered Fashion Bug with my daughter. I went to the first rack by the door since I am a bargain shopper and it had a sign for 50% off or something like that. I was looking throught the shirts, not finding anything my size. My mind was elsewhere while I was sifting through clothes. After a minute or so at the rack, the saleslady came over to me and said, "Ma'am, I don't want to tell you not to look at those, but the Misses section is over there..." (I was looking at extra large items, without thinking about it. )

She even referred to me as "thin" or "skinny" or some such word! I know I have lost weight. I know I wear a size 8 or 10 now, not an 18, but sometimes, I just feel the same as I did before and I don't think of myself as being different than before. How encouraging were the words of the saleslady! Sometimes we need those reminders that others see us as "small" or "thin".
  • giaciccone
    My first NSV was when I went from a size 10 to a size 8 within a couple of months...and knew I'd lost weight and inches and hubby took me shopping for new jeans and I was so excited to be down 2 sizes!!! It felt SO good!!!!!
    That is awesome! I can't wait to be a size 8 again!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    my first was when I found an old pair of bell-bottom pants in my closet that I hadn't worn since I was 15. I decided to try them on, and not only did they fit, but they were a little too big!! :happy: felt wonderful!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Here is the first one that I remember. As I stood at the desk of the VP's assistant, she looked at me and said: "You look good (awkward pause with stare), you lost some weight, didn't you?, well, you look good"
  • giaciccone
    This is one I wrote a while ago, so here it is again...
    So, yesterday I entered Fashion Bug with my daughter. I went to the first rack by the door since I am a bargain shopper and it had a sign for 50% off or something like that. I was looking throught the shirts, not finding anything my size. My mind was elsewhere while I was sifting through clothes. After a minute or so at the rack, the saleslady came over to me and said, "Ma'am, I don't want to tell you not to look at those, but the Misses section is over there..." (I was looking at extra large items, without thinking about it. )

She even referred to me as "thin" or "skinny" or some such word! I know I have lost weight. I know I wear a size 8 or 10 now, not an 18, but sometimes, I just feel the same as I did before and I don't think of myself as being different than before. How encouraging were the words of the saleslady! Sometimes we need those reminders that others see us as "small" or "thin".

That is awesome! I would probably hug that saleswoman if that were me!
    Congrats to you! This is the best NSV I've heard yet!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Two of my favorites:

When I joined MFP I had run out of notches at the end of my belt - I recently ran out of notches at the other end of the same belt :)

Not so long ago I borrowed (pinched) a pair of my youngest son's (18yr old) trousers LOL. He's one of those that has always just eat whatever he wants and has always been slim. Though I think it's catching him up now he's a uni/college brat LOL
  • What the heck is an NSV????
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member

Absolutely! In fact, I apparently lost quite a bit in my waistline & face, but the scale only reads about 5 pounds. I would've thought more, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Inches matter most because those are the visible results!
    YAY us! :)
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    That's awesome :) I'm looking forward to when people start to notice for me...I have to lose some first though! :)
  • DeHaase
    DeHaase Posts: 18 Member
    I can see that a NSV has something to do with the weight loss being noticed, but what does it stand for? I am new here and have never heard of NSV?
  • silky96
    silky96 Posts: 1
    New to all of this what is NSV ? .....LOL >>>>don't laugh at me
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    What the heck is an NSV????

Non-Scale Victory!
  • OOOHHHH, THANK YOU.
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Other than some stretchy work out shorts. The last pair of pants I bought was when I weighed 245 now I am 217. It really doesn't sound like that much of a loss and I don't notice it all that much by looking in the mirror but I had to walk around all day today with one hand holding up my pants. Tonight, I stopped for a moment in the yard to hook up the sprinkler to the hose (a job requiring 2 hands) and my pants immeadiatly fell below my butt. I really thought I could/should put off buying some new clothes utill l reach onederland but now it has moved to the top of my to do list for tomorrow.
  • I had a silly little NSV the other day at the gym. I noticed weird, hard lumps in my calves as I was doing leg curls... then I realized they were muscles! :laugh: I increased my weights on all the machines I used that day - pretty proud of that too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!