Exercising and Eating

Options
I have a hard time entering accurate information when it comes to food. A lot of the time the brands I use are not on the list or the food I have does not have the nurtrition information on it.

Also, when it comes to exercising I don't know what to enter if I spent an hour chasing around kids, or just walking around town.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time entering accurate information when it comes to food. A lot of the time the brands I use are not on the list or the food I have does not have the nurtrition information on it.

Also, when it comes to exercising I don't know what to enter if I spent an hour chasing around kids, or just walking around town.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The time you spend chasing kids and walking around is active, but not enough to be considered cardiovascular exercise (unless it does indeed increase your HR above 65% MHR). Those things are what influence your activity level. If you're on your feet all day, you should choose the activity level that corresponds with it (nurse/waitress type-activity). Then you add exercise calories when you're performing an activity that improves your cardiovascular or muscular fitness. :smile:

You might be able to find those foods through Google. I sometimes have to search several websites to find an idea of what I might be eating.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've had to log a lot of my foods myself and then add them to the food bank. It's kind of a pain, having to input all the info, but, I just do it whenever I have the time.
    Also, to find out different things that burn calories, check out: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
    Hope that helps you out. :smile:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hopefully I will get the hang of it =D