Can't even get close eating my Calories today.

Options
I did a big run today and burned like 1300 calories and now it's like 8pm and it says I have 1000 left to eat and thats just not going to happen. Could this be why i don't loose weight? I am getting that might be the case from reading other threads?

Replies

• Konahottie
    Konahottie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did a big run today and burned like 1300 calories and now it's like 8pm and it says I have 1000 left to eat and thats just not going to happen. Could this be why i don't loose weight? I am getting that might be the case from reading other threads?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    If it happens often then yes it could be the reason why.
    Plan your meals ahead of time if you know that your going to be burning that many calories.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • zubair
    zubair Posts: 13
    Options
    1st of all, want to say well done...!!!!!wow....u certain did a big run...burning all those calories aren't easy...you deserved it...anyway, my calorie intake is 1200 per day...wow, imagine i could be you...doing all the exercise...i think if it's often, yes....thats the reason why you didn't loose weight....burning calories are soooooo hard...so, better minimize the intake right..??eating at 8pm...???thats sooo a no...!!you can't eat after 8 okay...if you are so exhausted from the big run, just drink plenty of plain water....stuff your self with plain water...once you're full, you won't have enough space in your stomach for food...well, it works for me...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    1st of all, want to say well done...!!!!!wow....u certain did a big run...burning all those calories aren't easy...you deserved it...anyway, my calorie intake is 1200 per day...wow, imagine i could be you...doing all the exercise...i think if it's often, yes....thats the reason why you didn't loose weight....burning calories are soooooo hard...so, better minimize the intake right..??eating at 8pm...???thats sooo a no...!!you can't eat after 8 okay...if you are so exhausted from the big run, just drink plenty of plain water....stuff your self with plain water...once you're full, you won't have enough space in your stomach for food...well, it works for me...

You can eat after 8 pm. If you can show me a reputable source that illustrates that the body only stores fat after 8pm, and what happens in different time zones, I'll believe you. :wink:

Let's not condone starvation here...we don't want to minimize her calories, we want her to eat enough to support her incredible performance. :drinker:
  • Konahottie
    Konahottie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I did...to me eat alot today but everything was just good calories and nothing was really high. I made sure I ate a bit more after dinner just to help but there were just so many left. I don't want to eat crap (like usual) to make up the difference so I will have to leave it at that for today as yes plan ahead more the next time I do a run like this which isn't to often..the most is usually 600-800. This run just has 380 stairs so it makes a huge difference :)
  • itssheena
    itssheena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time with the "eating your burned calories" thing. I feel like why should I eat more when I'm trying to lose weight, seems counter productive. I saw a nutritionist last week and she told me I was in fact not eating enough and therefore my body was holding on to everything it could. If our bodies aren't getting enough "fuel to burn" they stop burning. Also, she told me I was eating too many carbs later in the evening. Try to keep the majority of your carbs for earlier in the day. Carbs break down quickly into sugar and excess sugar is stored as fat, which is exactly what's happening if you're not eating enough. Hope this helps! :flowerforyou: Good for you on the calories burned though!! That's amazing!! :smile:

109676.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    if you're just not hungry, tomorrow is another day. there's not much you can do and its useless to stuff yourself! lol but you won't starve after one day fo falling short. but if you just can't fathom eating 1000 calories in one sitting, try a milkshake. even one with low sugar if thats what you're worries about... or some protien shake combination with whey protein and like carnation instant breakfast, yougurt and milk... yum.... and it should knock out a big portion of your calories in one sitting!:wink:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't know enough to advise about the quantity and time of calorie consumption, but I can say that if you are trying to get in some good calories, there are a few foods like almonds, or hummus, that are pretty healthy but pack a lot of calories. Just a thought.