This Is for the ladies!

Options
So I've come to the conclusion that my monthly "friend" is not only the devil, but it is determined to make me fat again!!!
I get up, go to the bathroom.... realize I have a visitor and dare to weigh myself...... UP 3 LBS!!!! OVERNIGHT??? REALLY?

THANK YOU BLOATING!!!!!!!

Then as I travel into the kitchen to feed the beast, I realize that it wants EVERYTHING I have tried so hard to stay away from...
Chocolate, popcorn, chips, milk, soda, MAYO!!!??? what am I pregnant again.... This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

luckily i didnt give in...

So I drag my wounded body to the gym where my cramps set in and make it IMPOSSIBLE to be on any Elliptical! And any sort of class is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!

So I return home to put on my fat pants and lay on the couch... trying NOT to give in to the cravings...... HELLO MIDOL!

just thought id put that out there in case any other lady has the same issue every month..... in which case I vow that dieting should be restricted during such time!

:)<3

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It's okay...we ALL go through this! Don't let it ruin your diet! Give into cravings when needed, in moderation, and remember it only comes once a month!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It's a part of life you have to find a way to get through without blowing your "diet". Chugging a bunch of water when I have cramps keeps me from eating everything and makes the cramps bearable. Also, working out helps cramps also. Try things that target your stomach for immediate relief - think crunches, sit ups, etc.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this right now! I think I've walked into the kitchen 10 times in the last hour, reached for something, and then put it back. I can't stop thinking about cookies!!! I had raisins instead. bleh.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Try biking...for some reason it makes the cramps go away (at least for a little bit) for me. The hardest part is just getting the motivation to get on the damn bike, but once I start I can usually go for awhile because the pain goes away. And I dont mean a stationary bike, I mean hop on a bicycle and go outside. The distractions and sunshine can help too!

But really....I am trying to sound positive but I know- IT SUCKS. I hate pmsing!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yes thank you for making me feel like im not the only one....and i always gain 3 lbs. too....the last three times that i have actually lost 25 lbs. i would start my cycle, gain 3 lbs. and ruin it....but im bound and determined not to do that anymore...and i get a bad case of the munchies when im on my cycle.......we can lick this though...we are the women=)
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    this sounds like me every month! thank god mine is only like 4-5 days! but i will kill someone if i don't have a little chocolate everyday.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    EVERY other lady has issues with this. It's just something you've got to deal with. After all, you've been having a period for how many years? :P lol but seriously, if you stick with your diet through your period then you should lose the water weight/bloating along with whatever else you should've been losing.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I get debilitating cramps and nausea. I actually vomited today from cramps, so I understand your challenges. And I crave carbs like crazy. Oh, and midol? That doesn't do a damn thing for me. The only thing that helps me is prescription narcotics.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had TOM last week and the week before i upped my calories to 1500 from 1200 and it was the first time that the scale didnt jump up. It actually went down. Normally it would go up 3 to 4lbs for 2 or 3 days.
  • crshms
    crshms Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh honey, I am so sorry! I used to tell the girls I worked with that when I was PMSing, I was going to eat EVERYTHING that was not nailed down. LOL I came in to work one day in a horrible mood, five pounds heavier than the night before and feeling like crap. A couple of hours later when I returned to my desk, the girls had used duct tape to tape snacks all over the place. It was pretty funny......but I gave in and ate some of the snacks. Luckily - I no longer have visits from Aunt Flow. (haha)
    The best advice I can give is to eliminate all evil snacks from your home. When I found out I was diabetic and needed to change my lifestyle, the first thing I did (when I stopped cyring) was clean out the pantry and ended up with four bags of food that I gave away. :)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    But wait....there's more.....
    MENUPAUSE!!!!
    Never know when your 'time of the month' is coming...sometimes once..sometimes twice...sometimes for a few days...sometimes for a few weeks...so the munchie HAVE be kept under control...I can't wait for this to finish....

Just thought I'd share a little sunshine.... :)
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies I'm sorry! I remember those days and not happily! I am one of those that will throw up and be violently ill, pass out and all but die from the cramps...I always gained weight but could never eat during that time (how is that even possible?) Yeh, it sucks, but it will pass...I love my heating pad and hot tea...they always helped :) Feel better girls it will soon be over and you will be back to running :smile:

@heather...oh honey don't we know it! And the never knowing when it's going to hit or for how long is the worst! I'm about at the point that I think it is gone forever...now what to do with all the personal things I have stashed everywhere just in case?