Super Low Sugar Goal on MFP?

Hey there all, I've noticed that the sugar goal is extremely low on MFP and I'm having trouble staying under it. I'm treating it more as a guideline than anything. I have type-2 diabetes and I figured it was low because of that, but then a MFP friend of mine said that hers is also ridiculously low and she tends to ignore it. So my question is, why is the sugar goal so very, very low and is this a bug or a serious nutritional recommendation from the designers of MFP?

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Not sure why it is so low, but I, too, use it as a guideline.

Hopefully someone answers that knows why.... I will be interested to see!

Thanks for posing the questions and hope you feel better!
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    I'd love to know too! Somebody? :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Lots of people have asked this same question. I am not sure what your sugar quota should be as a type 2 diabetic but, for me I pretty much ignore the sugar. I try to cook from scratch so most of my food doesn't have added sugars. In fact my sugrs comes mostly from fruits and vegetables.......oh and a little chocolate:-) I eat 85 % chocolate partly because it is so low in sugar. Anyways I am always way over on my sugar and so are a lot of other people who eat healthy. Personally I think if the high sugar numbers are coming from eating twinkies, ding dongs and cupcakes.......then you better pay attention to the sugar count. However it is coming from real food.....raw fresh veggies and fruit I don't believe that is a problem, others may not agree.
  • I asked the same question, I got a lot of good advice in a forum I posted Wednesday - How realistic this the sugar recommendation?