FEAR OF FLAB

Options
Help! I have 50 pounds to lose and am over 60. The best part about being a little overweight... well, a lot overweight... is that the fat helps plump up the wrinkles.

If I'm successful with my weight loss, what can I do with the extra skin I will be carrying around, other than spandex bloomers? :noway:

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 45 and accepting that I will be a whole lot healthier, and around for a whole lot longer, so I just have to accept the final pacakge - wrinkles, saggy bits, spandex bloomers and all :smile:

Seriously, fitting into a size 12 dress after being a size 18 (with a little bit of help from my spandex friends) is a great feeling!!
  • Karen515
    Options
    Wow... you are looking great Rubybelle. Congratulations on your weight loss!

I do look forward to getting out of the plus size department, which they always put next to petites, LOL.

But you're a young chick, relatively speaking. Wait til everyone starts calling you "honey." It's a phenomenom that comes with age.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'll take Honey... usually I get called "Ma'am".

I have noticed that I have wrinkles in my face that I didn't have before. I'm not sure what my skin will look like after I achieve my goal, but I know my heart will be happier. It takes about 6-8 weeks after you stop losing for your body to redistribute the fat you have left. I lose it in my face and upper body faster, but that does change after. Skin does have some elasticity, so I'm counting on bouncing back to some degree. I dunno... I just know thinner is better than fatter and I'll take it as it comes. We can compare wrinkles at the end, ok?