Morning Rant Sorry - Mothers

Options
Can't believe my mum. I got home from work and phoned to say will be a little late picking my girls up as they are on school holidays as I was going to the shop to get some bits and pieces, said to my dad will be about an hour as I was walking. The walk to the shop is 20mins each way, got what I needed and headed to my mum's which is on the way home. Got there and collected my girls. My mum asked what did I have in my rucksack, some shopping I replied. She then said why not just take the car then, so I replied that if I took the car I would not burn any calories and that I need to burn some. She then turned round and said you are obsessed with your calories. So I snapped back well you have to be obsessed with your calories if you want to loose weight. This is the point where I bit my tongue as I really nearly said something nasty to my mum.

What annoyed me most is that my mum is Type 2 Diabetic and is morbidly obese and has been told to loose weight by the dr. I know it's difficult for her before anyone says it is hard to loose weight being diabetic but my mum does not help herself. My sister goes to slimming world with her and mum has lost 1stone since Xmas but still has at least another 8 stone to loose. But she does not eat at regular times which she should for her blood and weight loss, she gets up at 8am has breakfast at 11am then eats nothing until 6pm and then eats big meals. She does water aerobics twice a week as she has arthritis in the hip and knee so for her 65th birthday the family bought her a Wii which she asked for so she could exercise as the diabetic nurse suggest it to her since February she has used it three times, I have shown her this website and how to use it but I got told its too complicated and she is sticking to Slimming World which is fine, but its hard when she takes her frustation out on me because I am losing the weight and she is not.

I am sorry to rant on here but for my own sanity I needed to get this off my chest.

Replies

• CelenaOlson
    Options
    Haters gotta hate.

Just be a good example for your kids.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Fair enough - my Mum has rheumatoid arthritis and complains about her weight but then brings/buys blocks of chocolate when she comes to stay for a visit (one assumes she also indulges when at home).

I own my own gym 3 blocks walk from home but, when here for 3 weeks over Xmas, she didn't come in and do a single workout - three times a week on light weights and some low-moderate cardio and she would've felt a lot better by the time she went home.
  • Margo136
    Options
    We all need a rant sometime!
    Hope you feel better for getting it off your chest.
    x
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it was just bubbling up in me and I needed to release.