My late night carby confession

taso42_DELETED
taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
I love eating carbs around midnight, right before bed. I get a kick out of it because so many people say "carbs are bad" and so many people say "eating before bed is bad". So when I have my typical bedtime bowl of oatmeal or piece of toast, I dedicate it to those poor frightened people. Cheers!

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    *clunks huge glass of chocolate milk with your oatmeal bowl*
    CHEERS! :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I think I'll go eat a Mint Skinny Cow now
  • imprimez
    imprimez Posts: 36
    It's been scientifically proven that, if you eat carbs too often just before going to sleep, your muscles will shrivel up and your body fat percentage will rise. Your body also will not be able to absorb vitamins and proteins very efficiently. You will also go bald, quickly.

There are also theories being thrown around that it also causes bouts of insomnia and mild psychosis.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    You are such a rebel!!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    It's been scientifically proven that, if you eat carbs too often just before going to sleep, your muscles will shrivel up and your body fat percentage will rise. Your body also will not be able to absorb vitamins and proteins very efficiently. You will also go bald, quickly.

There are also theories being thrown around that it also causes bouts of insomnia and mild psychosis.

LOL! Ahh, this gave me a good laugh.
  • I like to get my carbs spread fat all over them sprinkle it with sodium and eat it in bed!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    *sitting here munching crackers* Huh... interesting...! lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member

Dude it's not insomnia. I have to stay awake and watch these gnomes. Because if I don't keep a close eye on them they re-arrange the whole kitchen and leave me weird notes. But when I watch them, they just sit quietly in the corner and we stare at each other for hours on end.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE GNOMES! OK MAN! JUST BACK OFF ME MAN. BACK OFF ME!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

Dude it's not insomnia. I have to stay awake and watch these gnomes. Because if I don't keep a close eye on them they re-arrange the whole kitchen and leave me weird notes. But when I watch them, they just sit quietly in the corner and we stare at each other for hours on end.

Those same gnomes will get you for eating late night carbs so don't let your guard down, whatever you do
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294

this made my night XD
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    You have gnomes? Hire a nice blood elf or 2. That will take care of that problem.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    trust-me-brah-no-carbs-after-6pm-thumb.jpg
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member

He's hawt! ........ I like me some skin and bones! Meooowwww!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member

When I was a little kid, my brother told me there was a troll in the heating vent that would come out and eat my hamster if I fell asleep. I'd keep my hamster's cage next to my pillow at night and refuse to sleep. Perhaps I was eating too many carbs at night?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member

*shudder* :sick: :noway:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    This made me laugh... I'm still laughing...
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    I wouldn't call that 'late night carbs'. I'd call it 'pre-breakfast'.
  • I wouldn't call that 'late night carbs'. I'd call it 'pre-breakfast'.

Har har! I needed this laugh this morning!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

He's hawt! ........ I like me some skin and bones! Meooowwww!

See and I was drawn to his sick white skin....
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    I have to stay awake and watch these gnomes. Because if I don't keep a close eye on them they re-arrange the whole kitchen and leave me weird notes.

I totally empathize - mine are shoemaker's elves, but dammit they just don't make shoes like they used to...