Goal in sight!!

Options
Minoesh
Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
I am so close to my goal I can smell, taste and almost touch it! When I started out on this journey five years ago I weighed in at around 231lbs (16.5 stone), I now weigh 137lbs (9.8 stone)!! Make no mistake, it’s been hard work – there have been highs and lows, tears and tantrums but mostly there has been joy and contentment – every step along the way has been so very worth it! I have a little way to go yet but I get married on the 30th of August and I am so excited about stepping into the next stage of my life a much healthier, happier and confident person. :smile:

Replies

• jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, I'm almost there myself!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Stunning results - and how exciting to know that you will be a gorgeous bride in a few weeks time :-)
  • Minoesh
    Options
    Excellent work, I'm almost there myself!

Cool :-) well done!
  • Minoesh
    Options
    Stunning results - and how exciting to know that you will be a gorgeous bride in a few weeks time :-)

Thank you - can't wait to see my fiance's reaction on the day! :-)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP - what an achievement! And congrats on the upcoming wedding too!

I have been within goal weight for months now (I stopped smoking after 15 years in early May so I am pleased to have no gain but it has stalled my weightloss)

We plan to head off on holiday in September so once I have somthing booked I hope I cna lose those last few lbs!
  • Minoesh
    Options
    Congrats OP - what an achievement! And congrats on the upcoming wedding too!

I have been within goal weight for months now (I stopped smoking after 15 years in early May so I am pleased to have no gain but it has stalled my weightloss)

We plan to head off on holiday in September so once I have somthing booked I hope I cna lose those last few lbs!

Thank you :-) And well done for quitting smoking, I quit 12 years ago after 13 years of smoking and haven't looked back - it's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Regarding your weightloss, you will get there, be patient - your body just needs some time to adjust. I was stuck on the same weight for months, I was eating healthy and exercising - the trick for me recently has been eating more often, not eating more calories. I now have 6 small meals a day, healthy clean foods and that seems to have kick started things again for me. The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is a great book for this, it really helped me get back to the principles I put in place 5 years ago.

Good luck, have a wonderful holiday in September and don't stress about the last few pounds! :-)
  • mamajess82
    Options
    Being thin suits you. Well done on all your hard work and good luck for the wedding!
  • Minoesh
    Options
    Being thin suits you. Well done on all your hard work and good luck for the wedding!

Thank you so much! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!