Hi all from down under

Options
hi everyone, just joined up having accidentally whacked on giant quantities this last year while I wasn't looking. Honestly - you lose one kilo and it shows up a month later with five of its friends. Or ten. I think this kilo I accidentally and quite without intent mislaid has brought its entire extended family back with it for revenge.

So anyway i'm doing a '5 kilos in 5 weeks' challenge with my daughter, elizabeth, and she doesn't know it yet but if she wins she'll get a little something.

The challenge is good because I can look at a biscuit and say 'hmm... I'll have that in five weeks.' as to what happens in five weeks? I think I'll still record the food but I reckon I might have a day off. This dreadful machine is telling me I'm only allowed 1200 calories a day! holy guacamole this is proving difficult. That's 400 cals a meal, 3 x a day.

Replies

• JeanWalker109
    Options
    You can do it, Bridgie. Don't sell yourself short. Seriously! It takes some dedication & determination, yes. Still, it's not impossible. Just be smart about your food choices; use your calories wisely. Don't think about what you're "giving up," but think about what you're gaining. That will help you stay focused.

I wish you well!

*smiles*

Jean
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    crikey, you're going for 40lb in 8 weeks? that's... 20kg in 8 weeks - more than 2.5kg a week.

That's amazing. Good luck. :)

I'm pretty well motivated - in fact it's quite straightforward and it's fun doing it with my daughter. I just invited her father and brother if they're interested, as a family we remind me of the KFC family - you know the old ad?

Things can only get better. ;)
  • Frizzlebee
    Options
    Yeah Mum way to go and ruin the surprise
    I know I'm getting a prize now
    good job
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yeah Mum way to go and ruin the surprise
    I know I'm getting a prize now
    good job

who are you and what are you doing in my thread?

:p
  • Frizzlebee
    Options
    I am the ghost of Christmas Past
    I am here because you made me come