Greetings from the soggy Emerald Isle

Options
Hi all,

Just joined this week and things are going well. I like the fact that there is no set diet plan and that you create your own menu and then see how many calories you're consuming. Great idea, simple but effective because there are no banned foods.

Have tried and failed with ridiculous quick-fix diets before, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Good luck to all the newbies and maintainers out there.

Bye for now.

Philip

Replies

• 65Mustanger
    65Mustanger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I agree with you, MFP is a great tool for weight loss. I just restarted yesterday and am excited about all the tools here. My daughter and son-in-law just returned home from Ireland yesterday. I'm anxious to hear about their trip and see photos. Best of luck in your weight loss!
  • Wendy5832
    Wendy5832 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well hello from Bonnie Scotland - I have just joined too and as you say this site seems to be a really good one, everyone is so friendly and the best part of all because it is world wide you can gain encouragement at any time of the day or night - feel free to add me as friend Wendy
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Philip and welcome to MFP! This site is so fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need, with no special diets or crazy plans. And the support is beyond amazing. Best of luck to you on your journey!!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Not having any banned foods is a great help, because banning one just makes it more tempting to me!
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi and welcome from a rainy London *waves*
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi Philip and welcome - glad to hear it's going well. You can't go wrong really as long as you keep logging!
    Lindsay
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family. You're going to find an amazing support circle here. I've been on for 25 days now and have lost almost 15 pounds.

If you ever need a diet buddy, just send me a request. My motto is the more the merrier and the less we'll weigh!!!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    WELCOME!
    As you can see many of us are big fans of the support and motivation we receive from our MFP friends and family - you let us know how we can help boss!!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to posting some of those before n after pictures at some point.

Slán