Replies

• susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No diet will give you abs... Simply hard work building muscle in the gym.

Any bodybuilder will tell you, abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Some core work-outs. Maybe once a week. Low enough body fat percentage (this is where eating less than you burn comes in). Genetic disposition to store any remaining body fat somewhere besides your mid-section (mine goes to my thighs).

BUT I don't think you need to eat "clean" (as in nothing processed). I don't think you need to eat low carb, or low fat either. Just less than you burn, but enough quantity and quality that you still have muscles.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Don't listen to this advice.. this person is wrong. You can build all the muscle you want in the gym, but if you have a layer of fat over them they won't show.

From what I've heard and what I've doing, you need to have a pretty clean diet. Little sugar, carbs and processed food. Once you get that down and burn fat through cardio and building muscle, then the abs will show.

Agreed. That couldn't be more opposite from the truth. Having abs visible (or any muscle definition for that matter) is a function of body fat percentage. You can do crunches 6 hours a day, but never get any muscle definition if you eat poorly and have a high percentage of body fat.

You have a six pack already. We all do. It's just covered in fat, and for most people it's the last fat to leave the body. Stay disciplined in your eating habits and you too can achieve the "6 pack" badge of honor.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options

wrong....abs are probably 75% diet and 25% muscle....gotta eat clean.

Body fat for women is usualy between 12-16% guys i think are 7-10%
    I"m at 26% and can see the 4 pack
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am about 21-22% body fat (5.5 feet and 135 pounds)...stomach is pretty flat but I want a sculpted tum tum!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am about 21-22% body fat (5.5 feet and 135 pounds)...stomach is pretty flat but I want a sculpted tum tum!

Trim that fat a bit more and you will be there.