Quorn Chili

Options
Hi All,

This weekend I tried out a home made chili. It is not only low calories but also suitable for vegetarians.
Not that I am vegetarian, but quorn has less calories than normal meat... :wink:

This will make 5 fairly big servings:

Ingredients
1 pack Quorn mince (300gr)
2 cans kidney beans in chili sauce (410gr each)
2 cans diced tomatoes in juice (400gr each )
1 pack of 3 mixed peppers (400gr)
1 medium red onion
1/4 tub of Heinz low salt & sugar Ketchup (550gr tub)
1 tsp olive oil
Seasoning of Chili Powder as required

Cooking Directions
I heated 1 tsp of oil in a pan and added the mince and chopped onion. Once that was slightly brown I added the chopped peppers, 2 cans of tomatoes including the juice, and 2 cans of kidney beans with the chili sauce. I let it cook for some time, while stirring every now and then and then added the tomato ketchup and the chili powder. I let it cook for about 15 minutes and then it was ready.

I ate the chili on its own as I am cutting down on carbs, but I am sure it will taste good with rice or bread as well.

Nutritional Info (per serving)
Calories: 267
Protein: 20.4
Carbs: 41
Sugar: 17.2
Fat: 2.32
sat. Fat: 0.6
Fibre: 13.8

I added it to the database under "Homemade - Quorn Chili" .

Hope you like the sound of it. It tasted really nice

Replies

• Hanna1983
    Options
    Hi All,

This weekend I tried out a home made chili. It is not only low calories but also suitable for vegetarians.
    Not that I am vegetarian, but quorn has less calories than normal meat... :wink:

This will make 5 fairly big servings:

Ingredients
    1 pack Quorn mince (300gr)
    2 cans kidney beans in chili sauce (410gr each)
    2 cans diced tomatoes in juice (400gr each )
    1 pack of 3 mixed peppers (400gr)
    1 medium red onion
    1/4 tub of Heinz low salt & sugar Ketchup (550gr tub)
    1 tsp olive oil
    Seasoning of Chili Powder as required

Cooking Directions
    I heated 1 tsp of oil in a pan and added the mince and chopped onion. Once that was slightly brown I added the chopped peppers, 2 cans of tomatoes including the juice, and 2 cans of kidney beans with the chili sauce. I let it cook for some time, while stirring every now and then and then added the tomato ketchup and the chili powder. I let it cook for about 15 minutes and then it was ready.

I ate the chili on its own as I am cutting down on carbs, but I am sure it will taste good with rice or bread as well.

Nutritional Info (per serving)
    Calories: 267
    Protein: 20.4
    Carbs: 41
    Sugar: 17.2
    Fat: 2.32
    sat. Fat: 0.6
    Fibre: 13.8

I added it to the database under "Homemade - Quorn Chili" .

Hope you like the sound of it. It tasted really nice