Will Power

Options
Where do you find your will power in difficult situations? What keeps you going?

Replies

• Robscofle
    Options
    Understanding and suppportive friends that keep you going when you feel like giving up. Just like the MFP community!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I look at a picture of me when I first started
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I remember how good it feels to step on the scale and see a loss and how HARD I had to work to see that lower number. When I remember how hard it is and how far I come, I realize I am only doing this once and it helps me get the will power I need!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going is the simple fact that I don't want to be fat. I like how I look now, I didn't like how I looked when I started MFP. Just knowing how much better I feel and look now is my motivation. It was harder to find the motivation in the beginning when I couldn't see my hard work paying off. That's when I really relied on MFP for support.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    The continued improvement in performance when out on the bike
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Taking it one choice at a time. It seems less overwhelming.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Focusing on the bigger things in life rather than the challenge of the moment. Example, if my goal is to improve my overall health is it worth it for me to eat the chemical laden and fat infused junk that I may be challenged with right at that time? I personally find that weight loss alone is not big enough of a goal to keep me on track. Health, Well Being, and my kids seem to keep things in perspective for me.
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    will power...Is an emotion. Emotions are temporary. What keeps me going are habbits and honesty. I must have good habits in place and I must be honest with myself. There are those times when one can convince themselves that it's not as bad as it seems. And yet it is. It's poision! It removes you from your goal, and then for some they feel as though they are failures and that sends them backwards wich is worse. Other's take a while and get back on board. Whichever it is for you, know that you may always struggle until you have a routine that you just love, then it will go easier for a while.

For me, I had a lot going on. I got seperated, was pursuing a divorce, moved far away from friends, lived in a hotel with 3 children, Had my son get so ill they and I thought he would die. My routine was completely gone! I did not put on all of my original weight, but I was ashamed. I had lost myself in the process. I'm now on route to whole health again. Are there still big issues in my life, you bet! This temporary thing though, I didn't allow it to stop my future.

What it boils down to, doing what's important! Habbits, and loving yourself enough to be honest.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Being organised. If I have already planned my week and bought the food and weighed it out. I might as well eat it and stick to it!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    When I first went back to JennyCraig I cried all night after seeing my weight. I wrote myself a letter and I have it in my wallet. I also have my Year 12 photo in there (11 years ago) If I want something crap, I go have a glass of water. If I still want something crap I look at my photo. If I STILL want something crap then I read my letter.

If I STILL want it, then I eat it. In three weeks, I've only got to the letter stage once. I haven't gone past that yet.