Calorie Blasting workout

Options
Does anyone have ideas on a workout that burn large amounts of calories that doesn't take hours. I use a treadmill for 30min but some days I would like something different.

Replies

• Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The Moonwalker boosts my heart rate up insanely, but maybe that's just me^^
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Cycling works for me!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Dance is great, cycling. 30 day shred is quick and very effective.
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you consider a large amout of calories burned, I use an Arc Trainer that I burn about 450 calories on in 25-30minutes. You can also try the elliptical. The trick sometimes is to change your workout routine by simply increasing the resistance or incline of the machine you are working on. Treadmill incline of 6.0 or higher w/ pace of 3.5-4.0 is a good burn too after 30 minutes. It's up to your heartrate and how hard you can push yourself too!

You can also try Zumba, spinning, jogging in place (if you are home), jumping jacks, things like that to help get your heart rate up. There are tons of programs out there too!
    Hope we are able to help you!

Good luck.

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Insanity is good but intense and not for everyone. Check out BodyRock.tv and take a look at past and presant workouts. You can go to youtube too. It hepls seeing the moves so you know how to do them. THey are quick and blast calories. Remember you can make a 30 min treadmill workout better by doing intervals. After warming up Try jo/spinting for 30 sec walk for 1 min and repeat. Make sure your aiming for max efforet. this will burn the calories and build seed and endurance. :0)
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    that damn elliptical is working for me. I burn 400 calories in 35 minutes....
  • robertsonh14
    Options
    You can burn double the calories on a crosstrainer / elliptical than on a treadmill. I only figured this out after 6 weeks in the gym so i forgo the treadmill altogether now and just incorporate more walking in my day instead. This morning i was on the crosstrainer for only 10 minutes and burned 120 calories. It really is the way forward......
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, dancing and hardcore cardio circuit workouts or dvds will get your heart rate up quick and keep it elevated for the duration of the activity. Great ways to burn a lot of calories in 30 minutes to an hour.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the crosstrainer we have at Golds Gym. It's crazy! I put the level on a 10 and change the resistance every 2 in half to 3 minutes. It's a great burn!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have a cardio blast workout that a trainer gave me earlier this year. We used it when we were doing Biggest Loser here on the Army installation I work on. That was the thing that got me kicked off in my weight loss...keeping on.

Here it is:

5 min warmup
    10 min fast pace on machine of choice
    5 min balls to the walls
    Switch machines
    10 min fast pace
    5 min balls to the walls
    5 min cool down

Hope this is helpful
  • Merrymel
    Merrymel Posts: 15
    Options
    Yesterday I did my first workout with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.....OMG....it was very hard to keep up but I did. Today I am feeling every part of my body.....but cannot wait to do it again. I am not sure how many calories you burn doing it but let me say.....it is a very good workout. I had my a/c set on 65' and I was dripping with sweat. Yeah changing it up really helps....I am 51 and not very desciplined but I never give up. I just take way too many breaks....lol. I used MFP's high impact arobics to measure my calorie burn, although I believe I burned more than that... But then that would just be extra. Exercise DVD's at Walmart are dirt cheap, cheaper than any gym membership. So every once in a while I buy a new one. Use it then put it away and use another one. Maybe you can do that... Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend....Have a great day.

P.S. 27 minutes is all it takes for each level of the workout!

Mel
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Zumba seriously kills... I think I burn the most by doing that!