Breakfast suggestions please!!!

Options
When I get up in the mornings I CRAVE carbs and unfortunately we always have bread and rolls and cakes and cookies in our house so the temptation is becoming unbearable.

Im working really hard to avoid major carbs and I like to be full in the morning so I really need some good breakfast suggestions with lowest calories that fill you up!

Get your thinking caps on people :)

xox

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    Bagel thins, cream cheese and a piece of fruit keeps me going til lunch!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is your best choice...
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Quaker oats (plain) and add cinnamon and splenda.. maybe some berries on the side. Fills ya right up.
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good. I keep hardboiled ones in the fridge for when I'm in a hurry. You can even microwave them for 2 minutes in a microwave safe dish. Iusually make 2 eggs and then add lots of veggies to bulk it up. Yogurt or fruit is good too. Hope this helps!
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Eggs! I have them 6 mornings a week either boiled or in a salmon omelette... I have to force myself to eat come lunch time... The protein really fills you up.
  • ecschultz09
    ecschultz09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have either Kashi Instant Oatmeal = 150 calories, Kashi Harvest Cereal with a half a cup of coconut milk = 210 calories or try a Larabar Cinnamon roll = 220 calories. the Larabar is all natural and contains REAL ingredients! If you want something other than carbs try Fage 0% yogurt, it is very good and filled with tons of protein = 120-160 calories.
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Vitatop muffins....found in the frozen foods, sometimes frozen organic section. They are muffin tops, only 100 calories, lots of protein and fiber, oh, and they actually taste great! Double chocolate is fabulous!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Porridge is your best bet. Make with skimmed milk for lowest fat and do about 60g. You'll be satisfied till lunchtime.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Original quick oats oatmeal. The old fashioned tub has almost no sugar, is low cal, and feels very 'carby' even though its not that high. Sometimes I add a spoonful of peanut butter after to get some fat and protein to balance. Very filling :)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I live for my scrambled egg whites... honey wheat toast... and some fruit (orange, grapes, kiwi...)
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Whole grain cereal, 2% milk and a piece of fruit.
  • cris1582
    Options
    Try eggs and/ or fruit. Or just try making your breakfast at night and reheat in the morning. Protein and non-wheat carbs are best.
  • ilovelucy1026
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss so far! I've always been told protein sustains you the longest. I like eggs so that has never been a problem for me. I will buy egg beaters. They are quick and easy cook in the microwave and you can spice them up with herbs, spices, salsa, etc. The nurse where I work eats hard boiled eggs, but only the white part. Other suggestions I got have been protein bars, adding protein powder to oatmeal or yogurt or protein shakes. Adding some fruit to your breakfast or as a mid-morning snack also helps. Let us know what you try and what works!
  • hollagolla
    Options
    high fibre cereal, porridge, eggs, all keep you full and should last you til lunch.
    I cheat and eat once I'm at work to prevent snacking inbetween :-)
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I wrap a banana in a small ancient grain tortilla with some PB mmmmm
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is a toasted whole wheat bagel thin topped with 2 scrambled egg whites. Quick, easy, delicious AND you can take it on the run with you! :)
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My go to for fast and filling is a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter. Seems like the best combo of protein and carbs. Then add some fruit and a non-fat yogurt and you have a yummy and very filling meal!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas

1.Eggs and Cottage Cheese.

2. 1 toast and and egg white and a cup of Orange juice

3. A cup of oat bran cereal with a fruit
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I actually eat 1/2 cup of cottege cheese mixed with fruit for breakfast. Keeps me from being hungry till lunch
  • ilovelucy1026
    Options
    Vitatop muffins....found in the frozen foods, sometimes frozen organic section. They are muffin tops, only 100 calories, lots of protein and fiber, oh, and they actually taste great! Double chocolate is fabulous!

I've heard of these before, but have never seen them in my grocery store. Is "Vitatop" the brand name?