Goals?!?

Options
Your goals on MFP - are they your long term goals or short term and you keep updating them as you reach them?!?

Replies

• luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Your goals on MFP - are they your long term goals or short term and you keep updating them as you reach them?!?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would say both. It is good to have short term goals that will help you reach your long term goal. I try to challenge myself every week or every month. Sometimes I need some external motivation, that is where I am right now. I have gotten a little lazy. Wow, I looked at your ticker and you are where I was last January. My first goal was to go down to 130 but then I got greedy and changed it to 125lbs:laugh: I got to 125lbs back in Sep thanks to a challenge, doing the Shred video. But then October came, my husband's birthday month. and blah blah blah, excuses excuses...back to 129.5 which is not bad, still under original goal. Do you want to go on a short therm goal, Dec challenge??? :flowerforyou:
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do you want to go on a short therm goal, Dec challenge??? :flowerforyou:

yes!! Basically, long story short I used to be tiny - the smallest person in my family by far - I've gained about 25 pounds in the past few years and they love to joke about it... so my goal is to be less that 140 by Christmas Eve so when I see them on Christmas Day they have less to joke about. For me after weighing in this morning. That's 6.4 pounds in 24 days!! I'm thinking of changing my MFP goal to fit that for short term instead of my long term goal which is 123...