What Exercise do you use?

I started off doing the elliptical, but got bored with that so moved on to Tabeo. I am not getting bored with that but I think I need something need to change things up. I do not want to go back to the elliptical for fear I will get bored and stop. I am just looking to see what other people use and what people like.

Replies

• I run trails and hike mountains when I am outside. When I am in the gym I do the stair master while watching the news or I run on the treamill. CLasses I love are spin, pilates and body pump
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    I like to use DVD's or download exercises on exercisetv.tv, always something different, I get bored too!
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    I commute by bike, skate on the streets with a group, and have recently started playing ultimate frisbee.
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    I like the elliptical because it burns more calories than treadmill or bike in the same amount of time, but sometimes I add the recumbant bike. I watch tv or listen to my favorite music while working out. I also have a variety of exercise dvd's in case I do want a change.
  • jsstein19
    jsstein19 Posts: 21 Member
    Swimming. They just opened a pool in our subdivision last week. You get more bang for your buck with the time you put into it than most things. For 30 minutes: at my weight, walking 3 MPH = 195 calories burned, just moderate treading water = 237 calories burned, swimming leisurely = 355 calories burned.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    If you are fortunate to have a membership at a gym, then take advantage of every machine and don't forget to include some strength training in your routine as you move around the room, that helps motivate your metabolism!!

When I had a membership, I loved the rowing machine!

Now, I use anything inside and outside of my house on 10 acres, to exercise.

Gotta be creative or you do get bored doing the same thing day in and day out!

Good luck mixing up your routine!!

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    www.bodyrock.tv IS AMAZING!! You will get a quick and kick butt workout in 15-20 min!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    You might look into Powerstrike 5. This is a kickboxing DVD - think TaeBo with choreography. There are lots of kickboxing DVDs - but Ilaria Montagani explains the moves and cues really well. Collagevideo.com has reviews and video clips.

ExerciseTV, Hulu.com and Netflix have instant play workouts available.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    I used to do taebo but got bored and also dreaded the whole hour I had to put in (specially 'cause I have kids) From about a year ago I do www.bodyrock.tv workouts and so far I've had better results than going to the gym and I'm in overall better shape, its shorter workouts, It costs me nothing and I have never have been bored.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Swimming. They just opened a pool in our subdivision last week. You get more bang for your buck with the time you put into it than most things. For 30 minutes: at my weight, walking 3 MPH = 195 calories burned, just moderate treading water = 237 calories burned, swimming leisurely = 355 calories burned.

Love your profile picture (congratulations on your new addition!!) I also love to swim! My motto is "keep swimming", stemming from a swim lesson that my father gave me years ago! These little words have helped push me through a run, a workout, or any challenging situation.
    Thanks for the information on how many calories are burned! Woohoo!!

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • I walk every where. I live in villege 5 mile saway from town so walk there and back at least once a week.
    I take walks along the bach maybe twice a month which works out 15 miles.
    Everyday I run on a treadmil a minimum of 1 hour not running at less that 8mph.
    I do a quick 10 min increase in sped up to 10mph.
    I then do a body toning regime of about 15 min that includes, abs, glute, thigh, chest and arms.
    I was doing a lot more a few weeks back, running 18 miles+ at a speed of 9/10mph but ended up hurting my body because I don't eat enough.
    But no matter how I try I can't eat much more that what i do.
    So keeping it easy, was mentallu hard to do but I do feel better.
    BEST exercise must be my motorbike, really. Because when your adrenaline pumps it goes wild. When I have been on the bike rides I find the next days I weigh less? Though maybe water loss?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    I like to do a little of everything! But fitness classes really keep me motivated because they are always different! Here are some things I do to stay active:

- Zumba class
    - yoga class
    - running outdoors and on the treadmill
    - weights
    - swimming in my pool in the summer
    - rock climbing
    - hiking outdoors
    - bootcamp classes
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Zumba!! It's the only exercise I've stuck with for this long (almost 8 months, 6 days a week) and still look forward to each day. Whether you take a class, get the DVDs, or get one of the video games they all use similar moves (I have 2 daughters, one takes classes, one has the wii game and I do DVDs, we compare moves LOL). We all love it!!
  • I ride my bike for at least thirty minutes and have capped out at 50 minutes. I also lift weights and at lunchtime I get in a brisk 45 minute walk. The area where my work is located is a nice mix of residential, business and city park, so it's a pleasant area to walk around.