Swimmers & iPhone geeks

Options
i need an app to log swim workouts I have runkeeper but it only allows distances in whatever you gave the default set to. I run in miles I swim in meters. I'm having difficulty finding anything good.

Help

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I sure would like to know if anyone out there has one : )
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use runningahead.com to log all my workouts. You can choose meters or yards.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For Swimming, Swim-tracker app in the iTunes store "allows swimmers to log a wide variety of data about their swimming routine, allowing them to chart their progress and identify areas for improvement. Among the many things that Swim-Tracker can do are: log best times, track your total distance swam, track your various work out routines, organize your training by stroke, and track your nutrition program. In addition, the swimming app even provides you with a motivational quote each day to keep you focused on improving your swimming routine."

I"m not a runner; and am too cheap to buy the Nike inserts for full monitoring - but I'm impressed with the FREE (at least, it was) Nike+GPS app. It maps your route on the GPS, times your run in variable segments (1/4 mile time, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, ect). Taking in your weight, height, sex, age - it calculates your calorie burn for your run, lets you set up a "runner's" playlist of your favorite songs - overall, does almost everything. If you buy Nike+ compatible shoes, it will measure your average stride, set your pace, monitor pace, and do all kinds of 'runner' things.

All in all, I'm very impressed with my iPhone 4; and am looking forward to getting my wife the iPhone 5 in the next couple of months.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ill check out swim tracker. As for running I'm very impressed with Nike+ gps but I've been tracking on runkeeper for over a year. Any other options? I'm open to all suggestions
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Bump
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    couldnt you do a meters to miles conversion?

1 mile = 1,609.344 meters

Kinda the long way to do it but...

as for the nike+ ap. I can never get mine to work! ugh
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Check out beginnertriathlete.com - I think they just announced an app that can track runs, swims, and bikes. I just use their regular online training log since I am training for a tri, but it might work well for swimming.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Thanks beginnertriathlete.com does have an app that I didn't know about. I've been a member there for a while I guess I need to start using the site more.
  • fleaglebeagle
    Options
    Bump
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if it does meter but endomondo has many sports it tracks: running, walking, hiking, cycling,boating et. al. the list goes on. It is a FREE app.