Orange Juice and other fruits

Can anyone tell me why there is protein points in orange juice and pineapple?

Replies

• jackymenhennet
    jackymenhennet Posts: 12 Member
    Yes I would like to know that too ..... I keep wondering why I am eating only fruit during the day and the carbs and proteins are sky high !!
  • tami7447
    tami7447 Posts: 23 Member
    I believe it has smething to do with the pulp...roughage...check out the pulp free & compare the 2. Just a thought!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Many, many, many foods naturally contain protein, not just meats.

And Anything with sugar, even natural sugars such as fruit, will contain carbs.

Basically, everything you eat will have either Protein, Carbs, or Fats in it. Sometimes they have a combination of the three.

With that being said: Going over on your protein is NOT a bad thing. Protein is what your body primarily uses to build muscle, so if you are working out at all, even just running or playing tennis or a dance class, you want to build lean muscle.

Also, fruits are generally a better source of sugar for people... so I wouldn't worry too terribly much about sugars, as long as you are still at your calorie goals and aren't eating junk food. Fruit is good for you, especially a short time before a workout, because it gives you the energy to work out harder, and burns off quickly.