I missed my goal

2»

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I don't beat up myself over it, on the contrary, I try hard to meet my next goal! I think you are being way to hard on yourself! Whatever you do, do NOT quit! Remember this, "A year from now you will wish you had started today"!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    I was constantly beating myself up for missing goals. So my goals are no longer timed. I will lose weight at the rate my body wants to and no faster. I eat well, I exercise, and I see progress every day, even though the scale may not tell me so.

Perhaps the progress is that I can run further without getting winded, or that I can buy a smaller size of clothes. Maybe the progress is that I said no to dessert.

There are so many things that are important when you are losing weight to get healthy. After losing 94 pounds (39 of those on MFP) I now realize that not all of my victories are going to be on the scale, and sometimes the scale doesn't tell the whole story. My advice is to have weight goals, but maybe say "I want to see 199 in August" instead of "I want to see 199 by August 11."

You have obviously done a lot of hard work already, so don't be too hard on yourself. Best of luck!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    Happy Anniversary! :)
    You have done brilliantly well and achieved a healthier body in time for your anniversary. Every lb lost is a triumph so don't feel bad about not hitting a number. Keep on track and they'll be gone in no time anyway.

Hope you have a lovely celebration with your hubby.
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks everyone. You guys are so awesome. That's why I came here instead of consolling myself by eating donuts in the conference room or something. I know I can do it, I guess I just want that instant gratification that comes so easily in other things, like when you give into the craving to have potato chips instead of carrot sticks. I love both, but it's easier to eat the chips. I love working towards these goals, timed or not, but it's easier to just keep living like I was before, getting fatter and fatter.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice. I know a year from now those 3 pounds will be gone if I just get back on the horse now.
  • pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    "If at first you don't succeed-- TRY AGAIN!"

Look, no one ever said losing weight would be the easiest thing in the world. Don't beat yourself up, instead, use your missed goal as an opportunity to try again. Try something new. Don't have a specified day to splurge. Try only splurging on special days-- Valentines Day, an anniversary, birthday, or major holiday.

Ask yourself why you didn't succeed. Did you notice I did not use the words "fail or failure"? The truth is that you're doing your best, and that's all that can be done.

Best of luck to you. Don't give up-- you will SUCCEED.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Dont you DARE beat yourself up chick! That's my job! 3.6 pounds!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? That is close enough! stop worrying about the number and think about the results! Did you check your measurements?

Every day I say....Screw JM and her shred. Then I think about the crap you will give me if you don't see it logged!

You are my inspiration and drive! Now say one more negative thought and I will have to slap you around a bit....you know....after I can move my arms again....stupid JM
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Ha! My arms aren't too bad, it's my thighs that are killing me! I hate that woman.
This discussion has been closed.