I need to rant ... I appologise now, as this may be long

Options
the weekend was a nightmare for me, I worked 10 hour shifts all weekend, too tired to cook after work, so guess what? ... I ate the nearest & easiest foods I could get my hands on!
I put on 3 pounds :noway: :grumble: I know, it's probably a combination of too many calories and water weight, but I feel so annoyed at myself for doing it, I knew what I was doing at the time, but still continued to binge :noway:

I had a terrible morning today too, fristly, I went to the gym, and because of a bank error, my account is overdrawn at present, so, I had to cancel my direct debit for my gym membership - I'd explained this to the gym last week, and they were fine, just said, don't worry, pay in cash on the day it's due, and it'll be fine, well...I did this, or rather tried to today. The woman I spoke to told me my membership had been terminated and I had been listed as a default :noway: :grumble: :explode:
I ended up walking out, comign home and contacting head office, who after a fashion sorted it out.
But not before trying to con me out of even more money!
I used to have corporate membership, but as I work so many hours, I don't get time to use the rest of the facilities, so wanted to stay as an off peak member - the gym tried to bully me into keeping my corporate membership! I ended up telling them to sort it or I'd find another gym. Argh, why can't thinks in life be straight forward!!!! :grumble:

I have told myself that this weekend coming WILL be different, I have Friday, Saturday & Sunday off, so I'll be able to plan foods, and actually have time to prepare & cook for a change - thing is, my family like to eat in front of the TV - ya know, crisps, sweets, biscuits. I only hope I can be strong - my hubby and both boys will all be home this weekend, so I'm going to use this as a practise for the Xmas celebrations - I just hope I can come out the other side without gaining any more weight.

I am also worried about Xmas, I've just discovered my gym will be closed from Xmas Eve until Boxing Day, so I'll have no way of getting my workout in :noway: :grumble:
I do own my own elliptical, but I much prefer going to the gym, I'm freeking out at the thought of all that lovely food and no gym access - does anyone have any tips on how I can control myself over the festivities? I know I could go for walks, but when it's so cold, I tend to just sit in the warm and watch TV - cripes, I could end up back at couch potato state :cry:

Enough of my feeling sorry for myself, thanks for taking the time to read this far, sorry for the rant, but it just seems I have a lot of unanswered questions going round in my head at present, and all I can think of, is what I was like last Xmas, I really don't wanna go back there. :noway:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    the weekend was a nightmare for me, I worked 10 hour shifts all weekend, too tired to cook after work, so guess what? ... I ate the nearest & easiest foods I could get my hands on!
    I put on 3 pounds :noway: :grumble: I know, it's probably a combination of too many calories and water weight, but I feel so annoyed at myself for doing it, I knew what I was doing at the time, but still continued to binge :noway:

I had a terrible morning today too, fristly, I went to the gym, and because of a bank error, my account is overdrawn at present, so, I had to cancel my direct debit for my gym membership - I'd explained this to the gym last week, and they were fine, just said, don't worry, pay in cash on the day it's due, and it'll be fine, well...I did this, or rather tried to today. The woman I spoke to told me my membership had been terminated and I had been listed as a default :noway: :grumble: :explode:
    I ended up walking out, comign home and contacting head office, who after a fashion sorted it out.
    But not before trying to con me out of even more money!
    I used to have corporate membership, but as I work so many hours, I don't get time to use the rest of the facilities, so wanted to stay as an off peak member - the gym tried to bully me into keeping my corporate membership! I ended up telling them to sort it or I'd find another gym. Argh, why can't thinks in life be straight forward!!!! :grumble:

I have told myself that this weekend coming WILL be different, I have Friday, Saturday & Sunday off, so I'll be able to plan foods, and actually have time to prepare & cook for a change - thing is, my family like to eat in front of the TV - ya know, crisps, sweets, biscuits. I only hope I can be strong - my hubby and both boys will all be home this weekend, so I'm going to use this as a practise for the Xmas celebrations - I just hope I can come out the other side without gaining any more weight.

I am also worried about Xmas, I've just discovered my gym will be closed from Xmas Eve until Boxing Day, so I'll have no way of getting my workout in :noway: :grumble:
    I do own my own elliptical, but I much prefer going to the gym, I'm freeking out at the thought of all that lovely food and no gym access - does anyone have any tips on how I can control myself over the festivities? I know I could go for walks, but when it's so cold, I tend to just sit in the warm and watch TV - cripes, I could end up back at couch potato state :cry:

Enough of my feeling sorry for myself, thanks for taking the time to read this far, sorry for the rant, but it just seems I have a lot of unanswered questions going round in my head at present, and all I can think of, is what I was like last Xmas, I really don't wanna go back there. :noway:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I'm still in the learning stage and this was my first holiday and I didnt count calories at all. I thought it would be ok and I did exercise. I think I screwed up but we have to take it one day at a time and things will get better. Im typing in everything, drinking as much water as possible and going to gym tonight. Think positive and turn it around!!!!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think we all ate over our calories during the holiday I know I did I didn't count one calorie at all the whole break.
    When I got on the scale on Saturday it said I had lost 2 lbs but I am sure during the football game and then on Sunday eating again bad I gaiined them right back.

We just need to drink our water and get back on track.:flowerforyou:
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Holidays are hard especially for the person expected to cook all those goodies and then try to not over eat them. But todays a new day. I just try to have alot of fruit on hand. So far, so good. Good luck, we're here for you. Jackie
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Sorry I should have stated, I'm in the UK, so I can't use Thanksgiving holiday as my excuse - just work work work - that was my problem, but the Xmas holiday will be a nightmare :blushing:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey cyberwitch - did it occur to you that you are fighting to keep a gym membership!! Congrats on making it a priority. Many people in your position would have just said ho hum well I guess I can't exercise anymore. As for the holidays and no gym access, get the boots on. You have already made your health a priority so you can take a walk when its cold. The other thing to consider is finding a gym that isn't closed during that time and just paying the daily rate. Keep up the hard work.:drinker:
  • Kylie30
    Options
    Cyberswitch, if its any consolation we all have those days. I just lost my well paying job, had to cancel the gym membership and now i rely on Tivo'd fitness programs on TV to get my workouts done.
    Own it and then move on....Sounds like you are such a dedicated person...dont let a couple of bad days take you down...
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the family hangs out in front of the TV. Is it possible to move your elliptical in the TV room? Then you can be with your family, and instead of becoming a couch potato, you can workout. Even if the TV room can't be a permanent place for your equipment, it might work for the weekend, or over the time when your gym is closed.

And as for the snacking... Make sure you have healthier versions of things on hand. Instead of crisps, try rice cakes. Or bake your own sweet potato crisps. (I've not made them myself, but I've had them and they are to die for!). Veggies and a flavored hummus gives good crunch with lots of flavor.

Good luck with everything
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Thanks guys, I phoned the gym headoffice - ranted a bit, ok a lot :laugh: but hey, I got my membership sorted, I can go in tomorrow and start a fresh :bigsmile:

As for no gym over xmas, it's a good idea to look for one that will be open - I've just emailed a couple of gyms, hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow :happy:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hey cyberwitch - did it occur to you that you are fighting to keep a gym membership!! Congrats on making it a priority. Many people in your position would have just said ho hum well I guess I can't exercise anymore. As for the holidays and no gym access, get the boots on. You have already made your health a priority so you can take a walk when its cold. The other thing to consider is finding a gym that isn't closed during that time and just paying the daily rate. Keep up the hard work.:drinker:

I didn't think of it like that :laugh:
    Cripes, looking back 6 months ago, I'd have been the one giving up, but not now :bigsmile: