On another note, seriously, what's so good about Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    shakeologyvsvi.jpg
    something interesting to check out if you are thinking about shakeology!

if you cannot see it here is the link:

shakeologyvsvi.jpg
  • lrraska
    lrraska Posts: 33
    Options
    I stepped up awhile ago and bought some shakeology, it's not cheap.....It has some great stuff in it and the chocolate taste great actually........here's the but.....but there was nothing magical in the bag i got. Taste good like i said and i do enjoy drinking a shake in the morning but there are other (cheaper things out there that taste just as good). I have made my own smoothies with spinach and kale and fruit to make it sweet and add a little protein powder and it's great. Sorry to all those shakeology people out there, this is just my personal opinion so don't take it personal. Have a great day
  • reachnick2012
    Options
    I tried the kale spinach fruits nuts nutribullet method. shakeology is by far the cheaper, easier, faster, much better tasting and most importantly, healthier option. I tried to buy most of the ingredients in shakeology organically and it was suchhhh a painnnn and wasted soooo much time, didn't taste nearly as good, and cost me about $80 a week. those of you who are saying its cheaper to do it yourself are definitrly not getting all the ingredients and not accounting for all the variables (time, gas money, nutrients, taste, etc). you guys are sipping on that haterade when you should be sipping on that shakeology. holla @ cha boy.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat real food.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hey.....I use Shakeology and I love it. If you are trying to lose weight then one shake a day should replace a meal.....or, if you just need a nutrition supplement, then add one shake a day as a snack. It's delicious and you will not find that many ingredients and nutrients in any other shake, plus there is nothing artificial in it. I have been on Shakeology for about 7 weeks now and I went down a pant size, have way more energy, am way more regular :) and my nails are growing like crazy! Let me know if you have more questions.

Wow, only on it 7 weeks and you have it on your ticker already. Must be amazing stuff lol.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to replace good, fresh food for a shake? Is this a for life replacement? if not don't you think the moment you bring food back into play you will gain?
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love juicing with kale, carrot, cucumber, lemon and celery. I did a protein shake as I had a can of it and blended it with a cup of raspberries and some ice cubes, a nice summer treat. I think I will do it when it sounds tasty to me and when I sense I need more protein.

Deborah
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Actually, blueshred, Shakeology CAN help you lose weight and it will help you lose weight. It is meant for that if you want it to.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology for about 2 months now.... And I have never had more energy in my life! I have always been a fairly low energy person but not anymore!!!! I have lost 23 pounds and 10 inches in the last 4 months drinking Shakeology for the last 2 months and doing Turbo Fire also. Shakeology is not a gimmick. Even when I get down to my goal weight I will continue to drink Shakeology because it gives me so much energy, lowers my cholesterol, regulates my blood sugar levels, helps me sleep better at night.. etc etc. My nails are actually starting to grow and they have never done that before and my hair is growing and very healthy. I'm telling you this is the absolute greatest stuff in the world! And it tastes like a chocolate shake!!!! Low GI food, no caffeine and gluten free. Gives you a natural energy not a sugar high.... Give me your email and I will send you some info for you to take a look at!

If you're working out eating healthy, you will have those same exact results minus the shakes. I lost 55 pounds in 17 weeks just from eating a healthy balanced diet and working out. My blood sugars are regulating, I have more energy than I've ever had, and now that I'm eating healthy my hair and nails are quickly growing and also healthier. I've never touched shakeology and I have the same exact results.... Hmmmmm, maybe I should jump of the band wagon for this gimmick that will cost me more money for the same results as what I'm already getting.... NOT.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

you strike me as foolish and closed minded. you can't possibly afford all of the ingredients I'm shakeology bought fresh if you are a normal working person. which leads me to believe you are either rich or ignorant, but most likely the latter

"Ignorant" and "closed minded" because he chooses to get his nutrients from sources other than shakeology? I think that's a bit far fetched.

Honesly, I think you'd be much better off taking a multivitamin and ensuring that you're eating a varied and healthy diet.

Oh and I have a cousin who started using shakeology and selling the stuff at about the same time I started actively trying to lose weight (a year and 3 months or so ago). I've lost 72lbs and went from a size 24 to a size 14 (with some 12's fitting) and she has gained 10lbs. Shakeology by itself doesn't mean anything.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought the Shakeology - she told me to give it a try. (how could it hurt - she had the Chocolate flavor <and I LOVE Chocolate!!!>

I tried it........ONCE. It was soooo disgusting! :noway: I have had Whey Protein shakes that were REALLY yummy - but this stuff was NOT for me (hey....to each his own) I have heard people say they really like it. I was not one of them.

She used it for a few months, but eventually realized it was wayyyy to expensive to keep up with, and knew she would not stick with something like that forever.

I think if you want to make a shake as a meal replacement - you could make them all on your own, for WAY less money and much tastier. (again, just my opinion)
  • reachnick2012
    Options

you strike me as foolish and closed minded. you can't possibly afford all of the ingredients I'm shakeology bought fresh if you are a normal working person. which leads me to believe you are either rich or ignorant, but most likely the latter

"Ignorant" and "closed minded" because he chooses to get his nutrients from sources other than shakeology? I think that's a bit far fetched.

Honesly, I think you'd be much better off taking a multivitamin and ensuring that you're eating a varied and healthy diet.

Oh and I have a cousin who started using shakeology and selling the stuff at about the same time I started actively trying to lose weight (a year and 3 months or so ago). I've lost 72lbs and went from a size 24 to a size 14 (with some 12's fitting) and she has gained 10lbs. Shakeology by itself doesn't mean anything.

I actually tried it, and its not possible to get all the ingredients in shakeology cheaper than buying shakeology. thanks for coming out though sport.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

I actually tried it, and its not possible to get all the ingredients in shakeology cheaper than buying shakeology. thanks for coming out though sport.

ingredients =/= weight loss

calorie deficit does.

Like seriously, wtf are you trying to argue? $240 a month for two shakes a day plus the rest of the food a person will eat is a ridiculous amount of money for one person. If you make a decent amount of money... sure.

Our budget for 3 people over a month is $300. Meals have to be prepared, vegetables have to get bought. Or.... we could do shakeology and 2 out of 3 of us could have 1 shake a day... and barely anything else.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

Yes, but who says that you need to eat all of the ingredients found in shakeology every single day in order to have optimum health and weight loss?

Absolutely no one except for the people trying to sell you shakeology.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options
    Der full of dem der nutrients that makes the pitch sound wonderlust.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    THIS POST IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD.

Just FYI
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't get them either? I mean why not buy your own ingredients and make your own shakes that are a lot healthier and a lot more cost effective if you want to go the shake route? I mix up a shake every so often, using things like oats, fruit, vegetables, protien powder ect, they taste wonderful and I know their all healthy ingredients :) And they were pretty cheap :) I look on pinterest all the time for new ways to make my own shakes
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    THIS POST IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD.

Just FYI

ZOMBIE THREAD!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member