Wagamama

Options
I just had lunch at Wagama, and according to myfitnesspall, the item I had (Yaki Udon) is only 355 calories. This seems suspiciously low to me, so I mailed them to ask whether they published the calorie counts for their meals anywhere. This was their response:

"thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding nutritional information at wagamama
whilst we would like to be able to provide this information to all of our guests we unfortunately do not have this available to us at this point in time
however we understand how important this is to some of our customers and therefore remain committed to providing fresh food of the highest standard at all times
if in the future we are to analyse our menu in this regard, it will be announced on the website first"

To be honest, I think some restaurants would rather not tell you how many calories are in their meal as some of their customers might stop eating there!

Mike

Replies

• nagaisgich
    Options
    I just had lunch at Wagama, and according to myfitnesspall, the item I had (Yaki Udon) is only 355 calories. This seems suspiciously low to me, so I mailed them to ask whether they published the calorie counts for their meals anywhere. This was their response:

"thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding nutritional information at wagamama
    whilst we would like to be able to provide this information to all of our guests we unfortunately do not have this available to us at this point in time
    however we understand how important this is to some of our customers and therefore remain committed to providing fresh food of the highest standard at all times
    if in the future we are to analyse our menu in this regard, it will be announced on the website first"

To be honest, I think some restaurants would rather not tell you how many calories are in their meal as some of their customers might stop eating there!

Mike

Edit: oops wrong food, sorry. here is the right link and food According to Livestrong, tha calories are the same.
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/wagamama/yaki-udon/
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I hate this, I went there and found out my chicken curry was 800 calories! there was hardly anything there! I think it should be law that everywhere and every food has it nutrient content displayed if requested by a customer.
  • mapryan
    mapryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I actually did put Yaki Soba in, as it seemed a lot more realistic than the Yaki Udon listing.

Just a little disappointed in their trying to dodge my question about the calorific values of their food. I make stuff at home myself and it's very easy to work out how much calories are in there using my myfitnesspal. For a restaurant chain of this size not to have done so, suggests more that they don't want to do so rather than they can't
  • TrufflePig
    Options
    I love Wagamama, but I'm surprised/disappointed that they wouldn't share the nutritional info with you.
    I have the Wagamama cookbook in front of me...I just put in all the ingredients of Yaki Udon, and it came up at around 1,000 calories/serving. The Udon noodles alone were 330/serving.
    I hope that helps.
  • mapryan
    mapryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks TrufflePig. I could tell by how I felt after eating lunch that there was a lot more calories in there than I thought

Funny how you get to feel how calorific things are after a while