Nike+ GPS app

Options
Anybody use the Nike+ GPS app on the iPhone 4? I need something to help track my mileage and my pedometer is not doing the job. Just looking to find out if this will do the trick. Also if you have any tips or advice regarding it. Thanks!

Replies

• max4pups
    max4pups Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use it al the time, inside and outside and love it :) I don't have any problems with it. Don't know what type of advice your looking for??
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have and use the Nike Pod for my iPod. I looked at the app, but am cheap! ;) A few on here recommend the Runkeeper app, which is free. It is really highly reviewed in the Apple Store too..
  • ltliddell
    ltliddell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ on my iPhone too - it works really well, even with weak satellite coverage. The calories burned are very similar to the calorie estimates given by MFP and you can track your progress e.g. number of runs, total distance covered, average speed etc. I find it to be a great motivator - just looking at the total number of kilometers that I've already covered gives me a boost! You can also link status updates from the app to Facebook and Twitter if you want to keep people up to date with your runs (although mine are actually walks, hehe).
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to make sure it tracks mileage correctly. Training for a half marathon and don't have a marked track anywhere close so need something reliable. Do you use it to track your mileage?
  • daisylovespink
    Options
    I have and use the Nike Pod for my iPod. I looked at the app, but am cheap! ;) A few on here recommend the Runkeeper app, which is free. It is really highly reviewed in the Apple Store too..

I'll look into Runkeeper - thanks!
  • ltliddell
    ltliddell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It tracks mileage really accurately and can give you an aerial view of the route you took, alone with your pace on the various sections of the route.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. I have a running playlist that it plays for me. The best part is at the end when Lance Armstrong or some other athlete tells me how great I did! LOL
  • daisylovespink
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! Sounds like it is totally worth the $1.99! I'll be giving it a try on tonight's run. :)
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also use Runkeeper and find it pretty accurate, as long as you have good signal. I beleive the same would apply to the Nike app.
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried the Runkeeper app (I don't think Nike+ is available for Android, which...boo!!), but I kept getting "poor signal" messages. I stick to my Garmin now, just because I don't really like running with my phone anyway. But I have a friend who runs w/ Nike+ on her iPhone and really likes it.
  • daisylovespink
    Options
    Thank you again everyone for your help! I used the Nike app for my run last night and it worked great! Definitly worth the $2!!!!