Ouch! I hurt!

Options
So, I jsut completed Day 1 of Insanity last night, which was actually just the 30 min fitness test. But this morning my whole body aches especially my quads and lower back, I did stretches before and after the work-out but I guess not enough..... I need to do Day 2 today :( Is there any stretches or tips you fitness pros can give me to make me less sore by tonight, or am I risking doing more bad than good?

Replies

• AutumnGetson
    AutumnGetson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will feel better after another work out!! you will be working and stretching everything again reducing the ouch! :0
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the best thing to do is the second day. You may still be sore on day three, but I suspect you will be less so. Hang in there! Make sure it is muscle soreness and not joint pain. But it will get better. You want to walk that fine line between pushing yourself and not hurting yourself. Good luck!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What's Insanity?!lol
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The pain is a sign that your muscles were effected in a right way by the work out.

If the soreness gets too bad, take a pain reliever.
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    Maybe you need to drink more water before, during and after your workout. It will get better as the days progress.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    What's Insanity?!lol

Insanity is this amazing 60 day cardio work out! He incorporates squats and push ups and jumps. Its like $120 bucks but my friend got it off the net for free...he basically makes u move like insanely for the entire time
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Im gunna work through it then haha
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OMG lol

Having said that, I've started doing the Body Pump class at my gym (Les Mills one - Google it). Jesus Cristo himself would weep at the pain however..........700 cals burnt off in an hour session, so no too shabby!

Good luck with it! :)

What's Insanity?!lol

Insanity is this amazing 60 day cardio work out! He incorporates squats and push ups and jumps. Its like $120 bucks but my friend got it off the net for free...he basically makes u move like insanely for the entire time
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Its totally normal! The entire first week I had trouble laughing, getting up stairs, or even climbing out of bed. Don't worry, you wont be sore after the first few days, I promise. Take a warm shower before doing Insanity today. I know, it doesn't make sense to shower before working out but don't soap and shampoo, just soak your body under some hot water to help loosen your muscles before working out. Shaun T does a great job at stretching you out but that's after the CRAZY warmup. Something else to keep in mind, you're supposed to suck the first few weeks. No one can get through the workouts with stopping, so don't feel bad, take breaks when you need to. You're going to be okay. :) Make sure you're in clothes you can move it, grab lots of water, wear comfortable shoes for jumping. :) Good luck!!