exercise tonight or not?

Options
Hi All.

I have eaten quite well today (breakfast and 2 lunches) but still have got 650 cals left to eat for dinner.
I am so stuffed that I cannot imagine to eat anything for dinner in a couple of hours that has 650 cals!

In addition to that I SO want to go and exercise tonight at the gym! :angry:
I usually burn around 300-400 cals on the treadmill and elliptical trainer... There is absolutely no way that I could eat those additional 300-400 cals as well! :noway:

I dont know what to do. :frown:

Replies

• Hanna1983
    Options
    Hi All.

I have eaten quite well today (breakfast and 2 lunches) but still have got 650 cals left to eat for dinner.
    I am so stuffed that I cannot imagine to eat anything for dinner in a couple of hours that has 650 cals!

In addition to that I SO want to go and exercise tonight at the gym! :angry:
    I usually burn around 300-400 cals on the treadmill and elliptical trainer... There is absolutely no way that I could eat those additional 300-400 cals as well! :noway:

I dont know what to do. :frown:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    sometimes i have this problem too....too full to eat anymore cals but in need of my gym fix...so what i do is eat (sorry - no way around it) something that is dense in calories...try a small meal but add a few ounces of avocado or olive oil to boost calories (and good fat)....or try a calorie dense shake ...or a regular protein shake with some olive oil added to it (trust me - you wont even taste it)....have fun!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Eat half a protein bar. They're high in calories and have all the nutrients you need. A whole bar is sometimes 400 calories (dependent on brand), so eat half. Not too filling and meets your goal.

Definately look at brand, just in case you are needing a specific amount of carbs, calories, ect.

I used to have one at my desk and would take a bite every so often...by the time I left work it was gone.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    thank you for the ideas.

I was going to eat some of my muesli that I recently bought but I just discoeverd that it seems to be high in sugar, so I cant do that either. :grumble:
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Eat half a protein bar. They're high in calories and have all the nutrients you need. A whole bar is sometimes 400 calories (dependent on brand), so eat half. Not too filling and meets your goal.

Definately look at brand, just in case you are needing a specific amount of carbs, calories, ect.

I used to have one at my desk and would take a bite every so often...by the time I left work it was gone.

Thanks Chelle! I have never seen protein bars here. What are the usual brands?
    I saw some snack bars (weight watchers, etc) but they are all so high in sugar.