Eating my allowed Calorie Intake

Options
Hey, I'm allowed 1200 calories daily...even without exercise I often will have 200cals leftover. So when exercise, I'll have 500 cals left. I eat till I'm satisfied so it's not like I'm starving..but I somehow cannot eat the 1200. Any ideas how I could? I'll snack (healthily) and eat a good dinner...Help!

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    nuts! i love almonds
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As a minimum you should eat 1200 plus eat back what you burned from exercise. so if you burn 300, you should be eating 1500 (1200+3200).
    You don't have to eat more to ingest more calories just make different food choices such as:
    Add nuts, seeds, and/or dehydrated fruit as a snack
    Use nut and seed butters on crackers or fruit
    switch to full fat or higher fat % MF products (switch from 0% yogurt to 3.5%)
    don't eat diet or lite foods, eat the full fat "real" versions
    have a glass of juice in place of a glass of water
    add olive oil to soups or salads (a tsp or 2 each time)
    Add Avocado to salads and sandwiches
    etc
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a good way to up your calories. Plenty of good fat and protein; walnuts have a nice dose of Omega 3's in them.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ya kidding me, I could polish off 1200 no bother! I think you need to pad out your meals with more calories if that's the case! Nuts are a good source of nutrition in moderation. Go with the basics, get about 10 glasses of water in, at least 5 x fruit/veg and your necessary grams in protein and then take it from there! Remember, little and often and...eat back those exercise cals!

Good luck with everything!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    a dollop of peanut butter will set you back 100 cals (make sure it is the nice stuff though - yum!)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I agree you need more calories to fuel your workouts such as nuts (almonds/pistachios are great!), avocado/guacamole, natural peanut butter, protein shakes.
  • MichMich1982
    Options
    Thanks so much...I can tell the number one suggestion is NUTS! Lol. I'll try to eat more of the "real stuff" rather than trying the diet stuff. I will admit I've gone so long without eating the real stuff cause of the strict diets my parents been on for years that I just followed suit. I'll check back and let you all know how I did. Thanks
  • Davie_ege
    Davie_ege Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a similiar problem, I can go days and days eating too low calories, I don't feel like I'm eating to little. I eat till I'm satisfied, now I'm worried that my body will go into starvation mode and start storing fat. Today, I ate the right amount of calories, but should I be worried and be more careful about eating enough calories. I don't want to over do it and eat too many. Any advice?