Meeting Calories

Options
To start with I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm really new and haven't had too much time to go through all the posts yet.

My problem is that I'm having a really hard time meeting the daily 'calorie' intake the site is suggesting. It suggests 1500 calories a day but I'm lucky if I reach 1300. This is a new thing that kind of kicked in as soon as I joined the gym. I FEEL hungrier when it's time to eat but I seem to fill up faster too.

Should I worry about this and bump up the calories or just stay with what I'm doing? (which is eating until I'm full and then just stopping) Or, I mean, I guess what I'm really asking is does anyone else have this 'problem' and what do you do about it?

Edited to add my ticker!

110598.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    To start with I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm really new and haven't had too much time to go through all the posts yet.

My problem is that I'm having a really hard time meeting the daily 'calorie' intake the site is suggesting. It suggests 1500 calories a day but I'm lucky if I reach 1300. This is a new thing that kind of kicked in as soon as I joined the gym. I FEEL hungrier when it's time to eat but I seem to fill up faster too.

Should I worry about this and bump up the calories or just stay with what I'm doing? (which is eating until I'm full and then just stopping) Or, I mean, I guess what I'm really asking is does anyone else have this 'problem' and what do you do about it?

Edited to add my ticker!

110598.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm up and down. Some days I'm under, some days over, but I try REALLY HARD to eat what my profile says to.

It looks like you are trying to get 200 more calories in...

Some days I'm just not as hungry and end up needing about that much too, so I add a bowl of cereal at night. Some nights I really don't want to eat and my mind tells me I shouldn't, but I do anyway. I've noticed a difference and have lost weight by eating all the calories MFP says I need. It really does work.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    you should definitely get your calories in - your body needs them especially if you are working out. Add some avocado or olive oil (or flaxseed oil) to one of your meals and that will give you an easy non-filling boost to your cals and good fats :flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just cringe at the idea of forcing food on myself when I don't feel hungry (that's a habit I've been trying to kill for years!) but I like the idea of adding higher calorie items (like the olive oil) to foods to pump up the intake.

Thanks for the input ladies!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I would say make sure that you are getting in 5-6 small meals a day. I usuallly eat breakfast around 7:30-8am and then around 10-10:30am I eat my first snack and that lasts me around 12 noon lunch time and then I eat or sometimes don't eat my second snack around 2:30pm-3:30pm or so, then we usually eat dinner around 6pm or so. I tryi to stay away from eating my last snack. I try not to eat about 2 hours before bed.

I do make sure that I get enough water in my system. I usually work out on tues, thurs, and some times on the weekend. I have been bad about not getting all of my workouts in with trying to go to school and work full time and take care of my kids and eveyrthing else.