P90X Question?!

Options
My husband and I are about to start P90x but I have been doing Turbo Jam. I was wanting to do P90X with my husband and still do Turbo Jam ... so both videos in one day. Would doing that have a negative effect since P90x has a work out plan your supposed to stick to and i would be changing it up by adding turbo jam? Im just not sure if it will hurt or benefit me to do both different workout videos at the same time.

Thanks!
Ashley

Replies

• sexyvirgo911
    Options
    No you can do a hybrid of Turbo Jam and P90X. Just stick to the scedules.
    FInd me as a beachbody buddy if you like: lmthompson is my screen name, Im currently in my 2nd round of Insanity
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So I have never done Turbo Jam but I believe it is cardio based(?) anyways if you can do both videos in one day and keep that up more power to you! I did P90X workouts for about 6 months the first 3 months I tried to stick with the workout plan as best I could ( darn life getting in the way :) Anyways, I basically jsut used the videos as my workouts and tried to stick to the schedule as best I could. I think if you do both you might get tired and have to figure something out but if you can do it more power to you!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I was doing P90X, and there is not a lot of cardio, so the cardio may benefit. I would stick to the Turbo Jam cardio and do the muscle work of P90X.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well, because i am doing P90X with 30 day Shred.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are about to start P90x but I have been doing Turbo Jam. I was wanting to do P90X with my husband and still do Turbo Jam ... so both videos in one day. Would doing that have a negative effect since P90x has a work out plan your supposed to stick to and i would be changing it up by adding turbo jam? Im just not sure if it will hurt or benefit me to do both different workout videos at the same time.

Thanks!
    Ashley

I would only suggest that if you are extremely fit, otherwise you can do Turbo jam in place of the cardio workouts with P90X, but I would suggest you do Plyo and maybe replace kempo with Turbo Jam.

If you do both you will need to eat more, a lot more at least 2000 cal/day to support doing both programs.
  • alexg94
    alexg94 Posts: 44
    Options
    And make sure to do Turbo Jam first then do Plyometrics. Cause Plyometrics is a killer!
  • akane1087
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replys they were a lot of help! I am going to try and do both workouts and see how it goes! Got to loose this baby weight and get back to how i was before i had my little girls!