nsv i guess.

Options
foremant86
foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
I'm so proud of myself, my older brother moved in for a bit and he's a huge junk food eater so there has been mt dew, pringles, potato chips, fruit by the foot and a bunch of frozen junk in the house for the past couple weeks and i haven't touched a single bit of it!!! The old me would have drank mt. dew all day, ate a can of pringles and probably 3 fruit foot by the foots!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is a great nsv! Way to go!
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Good job on the self-control!

When I was growing up my parents always kept that stuff around the house. Now that I live away from home, when I go home and they still have it I don't eat it anymore!
  • eboley637
    Options
    Good for you!
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • foremant86
    Options
    Nice work! Good job on the self-control!

When I was growing up my parents always kept that stuff around the house. Now that I live away from home, when I go home and they still have it I don't eat it anymore!

the funny part is growing up my parents NEVER bought junk food and friday was the only time we were allowed candy, my dad would go to a local gas station and buy a small bag of 10 cent candy and we would each get a few pieces every friday night but that's it. My dad also always cooked a home cooked meal almost every night and fast food was an actual treat in our house like once a month(if that) and it was usually wendy's, a small burger, fries and one of those tiny frostys. so growing up all of us kids were always healthy and skinny. then my dad went on the road when i was 10 and it all went downhill from there, my mom is a terrible cook and she worked all the time so we ended up fending for ourselves with a lot of fast food and other processed microwaveable garbage. also started hanging out with a kid who's dad bought nothing but junk food and soda so by the time i was 16 i was probably over 200lbs, i finished high school at 240lbs...
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's really very interesting.

It seems that children who grow up where junk food is NEVER around usually end up "hitting it hard" when they get old enough to make decisions for themselves (kind of how a lot of Americans do with alcohol).

It also seems that children who grow up eating junk food usually tend to keep that habit up for the most part (I did for 22 years or so of my life).

I wonder where the happy medium is? Is it the children who have a "bit of everything diet" when they are younger that end up "moderate eaters" when they grow up?

I don't know the answer.
  • foremant86
    Options
    i've always wondered that myself.
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    good job - that had to be tough! eating right is definitely the hardest part of losing weight, especially when it's right in your face!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It's very hard when there is a lot of delicious and convenient junk around to make good choices. Takes a lot of willpower!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!